Fido 2 way txts

Fido 2 way txts

Fido 2 way txts

thompsdi
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido 2 way txts

I am having trouble for a year now with the address book (contacts) while using the 2-way texting on FIDO's web site. No one there knows what this feature is. They keep thinking I'm talking about my phone.

I spoke to 3 people today and I'm frustrated. Over a yr ago all my contacts except 2 disappeard.  When I try to enter them into them in a message box comes uip and says they are already there (but they are not visiable to me). It's not a big problem but I don't remember cell #'s and it's a convience I would like fixed.  Any help out there? FIDO help what can I say....

12 REPLIES 12
thompsdi

Thank you CAWTAU - you are right, it is from my PC (FIDO's Website) not from my cell. It is still there I use it all the time. When they re-vamped the site I had trouble finding it. i have attached a snap shot of the contacts that show. There are about 8 more not showing. If you try to add the contact you cannot see it says that " IT ALREADY EXISTS". It's not a big problem just annoying because I don't remember the cell #'s I have to look them up. ERROR MESSAGE IS: Sorry, but that contact is already present in your addressbook. I have also attached a snap short showing where you enter the cell # or you just click your contact Thanks

Hey @thompsdi!

Are you able to see any indication or link with an option for ``display more``, under the address book?

thompsdi

Nope there isn't any options at all. Actually when you look at the 2 contacts they do show it looks like there should be more underneath but its blank all the way to the bottom. But the lines that outline the contact box seem to discontinue like it is still loading. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say it looks like ..
FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey thompsdi,

Sorry if the agents that you talked to were not aware of the feature. I'm assuming that you're talking about the Fido Extreme Text messaging.

If you are then it's odd the contact isn't there anymore. Can you try to put the SIM card on a different phone and check if the list is still there or not. Not sure if it's an software issue or not. If you get the same error message, can you let us know the exact error message you're getting? Thanks! Smiley

thompsdi

Terry I am on FIDO's website using my PC.  Therefore n oSIM card.

Hi thompsdi!

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? It will be easier to understand that way. Smiley

thompsdi

Fido address book problem 3.JPG  Fido contacts error.JPG

as u can see the box seems to go on to the bottom but there r only 2 names. I tried to add 1 that doesn't show and a text box pops up (2nd image). It seems everyone else has given up on my problem. I like this feature. Hope the screen shots help. D

Click here

@thompsdi, I tried it from my own account and it works just fine. What does it say in the text box? The screenshot is blurry, I can't read what it says :s

Let me know!

Hey thompsdi, 

Thanks for the screenshot! I'm looking into it and i'll be be back with you shortty Smiley

Hello FidoTerry,

I think the OP was referring to sending texts from the website (see here). I cannot seem to find the Send a text message in My Account anymore, but it used to be there...

Cheers

@Cawtau wrote:

... I cannot seem to find the Send a text message in My Account anymore, but it used to be there...

Hello again,

I found the link. It was tucked away near the bottom of the page beside My Device.

**edit** I have never used the service so I would not be able to help the OP.  Sorry :smileyhappy:**

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Make sense @Cawtau and thanks for the help! 

I wasn't too sure but the link was removed after the Fido.ca revamp. We can still access the link here.

As for the error messages, I will need some more info so we can look into this. Smiley