Feeling like a fool

Feeling like a fool

Feeling like a fool

SOLVED
gutoarraes
I'm a Participant Level 1

Feeling like a fool

Got two Fido lines recently for me and my wife. After a couple of weeks we both got a text saying 90% of our data was gone, which was just fine. Some time later we both got the warning that we were in $50 over our regular charges because of extra usage. Then came the bill, $100 over what we agreed on.

Why is it that hard to be upfront about the deals we make these days. I thought coming from Brazil to Canada we would be over with shaddy company deals. Even back home when you used all your data the internet just became non-existant and now we have to keep track of one more thing, as If banks, insurance, phone, internet, work, school weren't enough. 

Is there an option to not have any extra data ever?

As there probably isn't, there goes my recommendation...

Accepted Solution

Re: Feeling like a fool

Solved by Moderator

Hey @gutoarraes,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Sorry to learn about the over usage charges, I get that it's not a pleasant situation! I assure you that we try to be as transparent as possible with our customers though.

Your monthly plan comes with a certain amount of data and if there is over usage, additional charges will apply based on your plan's rate. This information should be available on the agreement that was provided to you upon activation.

We understand how important it is for our customers to stay on top of their data usage as well as their charges, therefore we send you an informative text message whenever you reach 90% and 100% of the data that comes with your plan. We also offer you the possibility of checking out your data usage yourself through our My Account App or directly on your online account on Fido.ca.

It is not possible at the moment to block the data once you've reached 100%, however, your data is restricted once you reach $50 in over charges. Our self-serve tools mentioned above are intended to help you keep your usage in check at all times and avoid overcharges. 

This being said, we're always looking for ways to improve our service and your feedback is greatly appreciated, I'll make sure to share it with the right team. 

If you feel like you might need more data in your plan, just let us know and we'll be happy to send you a PM and revise the options with you Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoClaudia

Hey @gutoarraes,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

Sorry to learn about the over usage charges, I get that it's not a pleasant situation! I assure you that we try to be as transparent as possible with our customers though.

Your monthly plan comes with a certain amount of data and if there is over usage, additional charges will apply based on your plan's rate. This information should be available on the agreement that was provided to you upon activation.

We understand how important it is for our customers to stay on top of their data usage as well as their charges, therefore we send you an informative text message whenever you reach 90% and 100% of the data that comes with your plan. We also offer you the possibility of checking out your data usage yourself through our My Account App or directly on your online account on Fido.ca.

It is not possible at the moment to block the data once you've reached 100%, however, your data is restricted once you reach $50 in over charges. Our self-serve tools mentioned above are intended to help you keep your usage in check at all times and avoid overcharges. 

This being said, we're always looking for ways to improve our service and your feedback is greatly appreciated, I'll make sure to share it with the right team. 

If you feel like you might need more data in your plan, just let us know and we'll be happy to send you a PM and revise the options with you Smiley