FYI - Data usage with the phone off

SOLVED
Motomaster
I'm a Participant Level 3

Fido phones can use data even when they are shut off charging the battery did not know this was possible but according to Fido it is have called in twice can't get an answer that makes any sense can't help but to feel I have been ripped off they took my 50 mb of data and are doing me a favor for not charging me the overage of another 24 mb I used when I was sleeping with my phone off on charge thanks Fido

Accepted Solution

Re: FYI - Data usage with the phone off

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hey @Motomaster

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

If your phone stays on while charging it can use data for different things such as looking for updates. 

If the phone is completely turned off or if the data is off, there should be no usage though. 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @Motomaster

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

If your phone stays on while charging it can use data for different things such as looking for updates. 

If the phone is completely turned off or if the data is off, there should be no usage though. 

Motomaster
I'm a Participant Level 3

The phone was charging and shut off at the time Fido says data was used and just to verify I went to settings which also shows 0 mb used yet Fido says that data was used if I used data and went over I would pay bill and not complain sucks to have to call in wait on hold forever lose data I paid for after calling in still makes no sense to me.

Thanks for clarifying @Motomaster .

If the phone was shut off no data usage can have been done.

Keep in mind that the App and fido.ca don't get updated instantly when it comes to data usage, there's a delay of up to 12 hours. This could explain why you only saw the updated usage afterwards .