FIDO is charging me for someone else's bill worth CAD$230

SOLVED
Kalpesh
I'm a Participant Level 2

Recently I've experience that FIDO has charged me CAD$230 for past months bill. When I checked with their customer care & he accepted that in month of Jan someone else pay 230$ in to my account by mistakenly & in this month the person realize that they paid the money in to wrong account so they refunded the money & now charging me that bill. Really got frustrated because of this experience. I'm having 2 FIDO connections & now I regret for having it with FIDO.
Need to someone from higher authority to get the justice on my experience. Please share if anyone knows contact details.

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO is charging me for someone else's bill worth CAD$230

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Kalpesh.

You're not actually being charged anything extra than what was originally owing on your account that you would normally have to pay for. 

In the case that a payment is made to the wrong account in error, once we're alerted of the error, the payment is backed out and applied towards the correct account. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Kalpesh.

You're not actually being charged anything extra than what was originally owing on your account that you would normally have to pay for. 

In the case that a payment is made to the wrong account in error, once we're alerted of the error, the payment is backed out and applied towards the correct account. 

Hope this helps.

HiKalpesh, 

I understand this is very confusing and give us the feeling that we are paying more on the bill. 

But like FidoAmandaN mentioned, this is just what you should pay for January. 

And on top of that, there is no late payment fee neither negative impact on your credit score, even you pay your Jan fee now.