FIDO billing mistake

FIDO billing mistake

FIDO billing mistake

LaurentRoy
I'm a Participant Level 2

FIDO billing mistake

First month with Fido, my bill including taxes and sign up fees was supposed to be $54. Instead, bill is $79.40. Got charged for texts, picture messages, and for data. Meanwhile all these charges are included in my plan. (Unlimited minutes + pictures, and did not pass my 1GB limit). They admitted to billing error last week however, my bill has yet to be corrected. Very frustrating experience as first time customer with Fido. No compensation has been offered for this mistake by Fido. I am truly disappointed. 

5 REPLIES 5
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey LaurentRoy!

Welcome to the Community!

I also just wanted to add that if, when you called in, any adjustments were applied towards the balance on your bill, the adjustment would be reflected on your next bill. 

We do not have a way to modify your bill once it has already been released. 

LaurentRoy

So I was supposed to pay $54 but now for this month I am obliged to pay $79? I have no choice but to wait another month to have this difference paid back to me? Fido has yet to even confirm they will fix this billing error all I was told was that the customer service agent filed a notice. Very frustrating.

@LaurentRoy, we don't want you to be feeling this way! Let me send you a PM so that we can take a closer look at this.

Thanks and talk soon! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello LaurentRoy,

Welcome to the community!

If this was your first month with Fido, I assume this would be your first bill from Fido. Have you had a chance to view your detailed bill online? You can do so via My Account.

The charges you note might be a result of proation. Your billing cycle usually starts the day after you activate your SIM at which time you would have your full allotment of minutes, texts, and data. However, on the day you activated your SIM (day 1) you would only have had access to 1/30th of any allotments. For example, with your 1Gb limit, you would only have had access to 33Mb. If you went over that amount on day 1, you would have been charged overages for that day.

Your first bill would include any overages from the previous month plus the monthly charges for the following month.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

LaurentRoy

Thank you for the reply. However, no, that is not the case. The fido customer service agent informed me that it was, indeed, a billing error. I was told I would have my bill corrected but I have yet to be contacted about the matter. Feeling confused and abondonned by Fido. I will most likely have to call back customer service and spend another hour on the phone tonight.