FIDO ROAM charge for 1 txt message while in the US

SOLVED
dknl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering for FIDO ROAM, you get charged 5$ for using your phone even for 1 text message?

Before, it was the 0.75$ per text message while abroad.

So as i understand it, the min. charge for 1 text message now in the US is 5$????

This is rediculous.

THANKS

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO ROAM charge for 1 txt message while in the US

Solved by Moderator

Hi @dknl

@KAPABLE-K is correct, except that the rate is now $6/day. 

If you'd rather pay-per-use rates, you can opt out of Fido Roam.

Keep in mind though that when you opt out of Fido Roam rates, you can no longer buy Travel Packs or other roaming options in destinations that are covered by Fido Roam; you will be billed at pay-per-use rates for using your phone.

You can text Roam to 222 any time to check your enrollment status and to opt back in.

Let me know if that's something you'd want to go ahead with. 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @dknl,

You are correct if you use your phone and send a text, make a call or use your data you will be charged $5 for 24hr period.

You just continue to use your phone for the next 24hrs just like if you were in Canada, If you just send one text sorry to say you will be billed $5 for the 24hr period. 

You can also get more info on the Fido roam here.

Hi @dknl

@KAPABLE-K is correct, except that the rate is now $6/day. 

If you'd rather pay-per-use rates, you can opt out of Fido Roam.

Keep in mind though that when you opt out of Fido Roam rates, you can no longer buy Travel Packs or other roaming options in destinations that are covered by Fido Roam; you will be billed at pay-per-use rates for using your phone.

You can text Roam to 222 any time to check your enrollment status and to opt back in.

Let me know if that's something you'd want to go ahead with. 

Nathoux
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi @FidoFaiza, could I be opted out of Fido Roam please.

I got charged 12 bucks over Christmas in the US for what was probably a few texts, this is unacceptable.

Please provide feedback again that an opt-in / opt-out or manual activation option should be available in the My Account app and on the website.

Thanks in avance.

NB

Hey Nathoux!

Opting out of Fido Roam is something that can only be completed with the help of a customer service rep. You can find all our servicing channels here

Let us know if you would prefer we send you a PM here instead.