FIDO NUMBER and ACCOUNT hacked

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

FIDO NUMBER and ACCOUNT hacked

My FIDO Number and account has been hacked. It is showing Facebook information as my account ID and top reference in my profile info. And, they have no way of reporting or following up for what happened!

I started recieving a bunch of spammy texts again and signed into my FIDO account. I noticed my cell phone number was no longer assoicated and used my email address to reset my password.

When I called into FIDO support today, they told me that I must have registered with Facebook!

I have never used my FACEBOOK account for FIDO registration or login purposes. I briefly had messenger on my phone last year ago until I realized how poorly managed the settings and privacy measures were and removed it. 

This is extremely sad privacy management FIDO folks! Considering you are owned by Rogers, I expected a bit more responsibility from you for protecting your customers!

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO NUMBER and ACCOUNT hacked

Hi there @Dog274

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community!

I definitely hear where you're coming from and I'd like to say: we put a great deal of importance on protecting our customer's information. If you're under the impression this wasn't the case, that's definitely something we'd like to address with you today!

I'd first like to mention that receiving "spam text messages" does not necessarily mean your number (or account) have been "hacked". You can find more information about it on our Community Page here:

"Are you receiving scam text messages? Here are 6 things to look out for."

On a side note, I'd highly recommend that we add a/update the PIN code on your account, as an extra security measure on your account Smiley If you don't already have a PIN, I can send you a PM today so we can add one!

Also, I'd like to add that we actually made a big number of changes on Fido.ca/MyAccount since 2016, as well as the registration process. We now ask all Fido Users to register their Fido account by using their email instead. Is it possible that in your case, this was automatically done on it's own?

Are you able to login to your MyAccount profile by using your email?

Thanks for filling me in on those details! Rest assured, we're here to help Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: FIDO NUMBER and ACCOUNT hacked

Hi there @Dog274

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community!

I definitely hear where you're coming from and I'd like to say: we put a great deal of importance on protecting our customer's information. If you're under the impression this wasn't the case, that's definitely something we'd like to address with you today!

I'd first like to mention that receiving "spam text messages" does not necessarily mean your number (or account) have been "hacked". You can find more information about it on our Community Page here:

"Are you receiving scam text messages? Here are 6 things to look out for."

On a side note, I'd highly recommend that we add a/update the PIN code on your account, as an extra security measure on your account Smiley If you don't already have a PIN, I can send you a PM today so we can add one!

Also, I'd like to add that we actually made a big number of changes on Fido.ca/MyAccount since 2016, as well as the registration process. We now ask all Fido Users to register their Fido account by using their email instead. Is it possible that in your case, this was automatically done on it's own?

Are you able to login to your MyAccount profile by using your email?

Thanks for filling me in on those details! Rest assured, we're here to help Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2