FIDO Home Phone ZTE WF721 vs ZTE WF720

I'm a Participant Level 1 bonzo
I'm a Participant Level 1

FIDO Home Phone ZTE WF721 vs ZTE WF720

I have the old Fido Home phone plan grandfathered at $10 a month, which I think doesn't include Name display (it shows the number not the name).

Now I heard, the reason why it doesn't have name display is because of the limitations of the ZTE WF720 unit isn't capable of displaying it/working with the name display feature.

If I were to to upgrade to the ZTE WF721 ( I have Fido dollars I could use) would my old $10 dollar plan then be able to show name display on this unit? Or does my old grandfathered plan even have name display?  Also, I read that the old $10 dollar plan wasn't capatible with the new WF721 models? Is that true?

And lastly, is there anything else different between the ZTE WF720 model and ZTE WF721 model? Better reception mainly?

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO Home Phone ZTE WF721 vs ZTE WF720

Hey bonzo!

You're right; the WF720 is not compatible with Name Display while the WF721 is Smiley

The other differences include a longer talk time on the WF721 battery (192 minutes compared to 150), but a shorted standby time (25 hours compared to 36 on the WF720).

With regards to your plan and the compatibility, I'd need to take a peak into your account to see if your plan includes Name Display. 

I'll send you a PM to get started Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Re: FIDO Home Phone ZTE WF721 vs ZTE WF720

@gcrmt I can't speak for that agent but I can tell you the moderators here are great and i'm sure they will get it sorted out for you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Re: Home Phone: WF721 Name Display issue

Aw! Thanks @KAPABLE-K! Tongue

@gcrmt I moved your post since we already had an ongoing discussion about this issue. Let's check out your plan to verify if you're eligible for name display. Talk to you via PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17