FIDO HOME PHONE/ BUZZER IN CONDO BUILDING

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

FIDO HOME PHONE/ BUZZER IN CONDO BUILDING

Does anyone know if the Fido home phone technology is compatible with the buzzer code system at 2121 Lakeshore Blvd West, Toronto? If someone buzzes me from downstairs, I get called on my landline and then I can press a key on my landline to let the person in. The name of the building shows up on my call display when this happens.

I really want to get the Fido home phone plan but am worried that this buzzer code set up will not work with it.

If anyone knows the status in this building or has a similar building set up, please let me know if you have found this system to work

Much appreciated! 

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO HOME PHONE/ BUZZER IN CONDO BUILDING

Hi sbuster,

It's compatible with most buzzer systems, but there are exceptions in buildings with older technologies.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Only your super intendant would no for sure have u spoke to them lately 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi sbuster,

It's compatible with most buzzer systems, but there are exceptions in buildings with older technologies.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

How come I was not made aware of this before purchasing the Fido home phone?  Not one customer representative informed me that there might be a possibility the buzzer systems aren't compatible.

I had someone wait for over an hour because the guard could not buzz me to grant the visitor access and therefore was denied access.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Buzzers that are hardwired into the landlines. Would not be Fido Home Phone compatible. But newer ones that actually call a out to a number are. With these you give the superintendant the number you wish to be called. If you don't need to provide them with a telephone number it's probably the older hardwired.

The older tech is really annoying as Bell ADSL and VDSL require extra hardware to prevent the internet from disconnecting everytime someone buzzes you. Since the buzzer is hardwired it switches the landline  from Bell over to the buzzer then generates a ring pulse on the line.

Obviously the hardwired tech does not work with Cellular based phones.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5