FIDO DOLLARS ?

FIDO DOLLARS ?

FIDO DOLLARS ?

SOLVED
fido-dollars__
I'm a Participant Level 2

FIDO DOLLARS ?

I understand that new plans (offered after Apr 2015) do not earn Fido Dollars.

I have an account with 1 line monthly service activated Oct 2015 (not earning Fido dollars) and

another single line that has been with Fido for over 4 years, also on monthly plan.

Should I not currently earn fido dollars on that second line? 

Also, is there a deadline to use Fido Dollars before they disappear from the account altogether?..... 

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO DOLLARS ?

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 2

Yes, you should still be getting FidoDollars from that 4 year old line, as long as you stay with your old plan (same minutes/data/price).

Currently, the only deadline applies to prepaid plans. There are no deadlines that apply to monthly plan yet; I'm guessing Fido hopes that most (all?) their clients will switch to a new Pulse plan in the next few years.

Also, should you switch your old line to a new plan, you will still keep whatever FidoDollars you have accumulated so far.

View solution in context
12 REPLIES 12
Lips_999
I'm a Participant Level 3

What is the last date that you can claim your Fido dollars and can you use them to upgrade your phone with the same plan?

Got it!

Perfect, everything works fine! Your username has been updated Smiley 

Let me know if you need any help!

thesaint69
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was able to use fido dollars to cover some roaming charges in the US done by error in the past, I have also used the fido dollars to buy accessories like the bluetooth earpiece,and a phone cover case.

But now nothing like that is available, what happened.

Hey @thesaint69!

Have a look HERE to see how the FidoDOLLARS™ can be used Smiley

Hey @Lips_999!

The last date to redeem your FidoDOLLARS will vary if you currently have an agreement or not. 

Click here for more details about our FidoDOLLARS policy!

Let me know if you have any question Smiley 

Acka

How do i retrieve my fido dollars? Can i use it to pay my current bill?
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Your amount of FidoDollars can ben seen on your latest invoice. No, you can't use them to pay your current bill. They can be used towards the purchase of a new phone.

Look for the other FidoDollars thread; that question comes up at least once a week, and the moderators always provide a link that explains what they can be used for. I don't have that link at this time, which is why I'm referring you to the other threads.

SuzyQue

I was under the impression we could use Fido dollars to pay our bills. Isn't that how it use to be? That's unfortunate as I had saved up Fido dollars to pay for my phone bill well I was away for a month. I just tried. I'm beginning to get frustrated with Fido.

Hey SuzyQue, 

Welcome to the community!

It's actually not possible to use the FidoDOLLARS™ to pay for an invoice and this has never been the case. 

You can use them toward the cost of a phone, to get a travel pack, or to try certain add ons for 1 or 2 months.

Hope this helps Smiley For future reference, it's also possible to contact us on facebook and twitter!

fido-dollars__
I'm a Participant Level 2

Interesting.....

I guess it's time to make that phone call. I didn't earn any in my last bill, says $0 fido dollars earned. 

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Yeah, sounds like a Fido mistake. Apparently you can also contact them on Twitter and Facebook if you don't want to wait on the phone, though I wouldn't know how that works as I don't care for either "services".

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

Yes, you should still be getting FidoDollars from that 4 year old line, as long as you stay with your old plan (same minutes/data/price).

Currently, the only deadline applies to prepaid plans. There are no deadlines that apply to monthly plan yet; I'm guessing Fido hopes that most (all?) their clients will switch to a new Pulse plan in the next few years.

Also, should you switch your old line to a new plan, you will still keep whatever FidoDollars you have accumulated so far.