FIDO DOES NOT HONOR PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE PROMISES

I'm a Participant Level 2 chitc
I'm a Participant Level 2

FIDO DOES NOT HONOR PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE PROMISES

Hi
I would like to bring to your attention my recent experience with Fido. I have been a loyal customer of FIDO, Paying my bills promptly for the past eight years. Currently I am on a no contract, ONE YEAR agreement plan with FIDO because FIDO messed up my bills and overcharged my card on two occasions and to remedy that they gave me a $10 discount to my existing plan for a year.
On Monday Sept 16th, 2013, I called FIDO and asked for my options for getting a new phone, and I was offered by the CSR, a blackberry Q10 on a two year contract with my current plan. I already have 100 FIDO dollars in my account. I confirmed repeatedly about the offer and he confirmed it. He also offered me an IPHONE 5 for a $10 increase to my current plan on a two year contract. So I agreed to go to the store and check the two phones and decide which one to go with. When I went to the store at Erin Mills town centre and the store person was very courteous and wanted to confirm with fido the offer. There upon, fido CSR disagreed and made me to look like a liar. I reminded them to go back to the call and listen as they record all the calls. Then they confirmed that the offer was made but that was a mistake. As I did not want to argue with them in the store I came back home and called again. They refused to honor the offer that was made to me. I am utterly disappointed with FIDO and I seek justice. I have wasted half day of my day off and was left frustrated for being with FIDO. I hope that FIDO WILL HONOR their commitment to a loyal customer.

Regards,
Chitra 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 11
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Re: FIDO DOES NOT HONOR PHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE PROMISES

you should have just asked for them to ship the phone to you at the promised price, that way the shipment is noted on your account and so is the note left buy the csr.. the stores do not have access to Vision 21 thus can not see your notes. its not the stores fault, but there is a fault, i do blame the rep for offering you an offer/promo which was not valid to you.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 11
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

also how can u have no contract and one year contract at the same time? thats impossible, which one is it? no contract or one year, it can not be both
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 11
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

I believe the OP is trying to say the account is on a month to month basis but retains a ongoing credit on the account for 12 months.

On the subject matter, I too don't think Fido is responsible for upholding the agreement. The reason is Fido offered, OP waited 1 day to go to store and compare phones. I'm not blaming the OP either, its perfectly resonable to check and compaire phones first before signing a contract.  I believe both parties took measures to protect their best interests. As long as nothing is signed, both parties should have to option to backtract on a deal.

When it becomes an issue is when OP decided to take the iphone on the spot with the rep, agreed to the conditions given.  Hangs up the phone then later finds out the contract was revoked bucause Fido made an error.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 11
I'm a Participant Level 2 chitc

Hi

Thanks. However, I did go to FIDO store in an hour the same day. The fault is not with the store. They were extremely nice. It is the FIDO customer service over phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 11
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Unless the incorrect offer was made with the condition that it is revokable when the call is ended, I think Fido should honour such a mistake.  There should be a reasonable amount of time given to decide before entering into a contract. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 11
I'm a Participant Level 1 lillianliou
I'm a Participant Level 1

top 4 strengths

-overcharge you
-never keep a promise
-change my service without my permission
-random chares will appear on phone bills
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 11

Hi lillianliou,

Is there anything we can help you with?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 11
I'm a Participant Level 2 HorusCom

That's a no surprise, I was offered a plan after the supervisor's approval and got my confirmation number.

After a three follow up calls since the plan was not reflected on the account (21 days later) I'm told that the plan wasn't approved, although I have a confirmation number, and I should look for the current offers Fido has.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 11
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @HorusCom

Were you provided with any explanation? I'd love to go over the account to see what happened and hopefully help you out to get this resolved.

I'll go ahead and send you a PM right away!!

Talk to you soon. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 11
I'm a Participant Level 2 HorusCom

Thanks a lot FidoAlyson for sorting this out.

HorusCom
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 11