FED UP! S6 Edge constant sms issues

dknl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Been having issues with my phone since i received it. 
SMS messages are always delayed...sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 20 minutes late!
This has been happening even after the update.  Have posted before concerning SMS issues and still having issues after troubleshooting with Fido support thinking the issue was fixed but its back.
Can't send photos or videos, messages always delayed, calls go to voicemail with no ring....just unacceptable.
Seems like it's just me as my friends with same phones dont have this issue but then again ...they're not with rogers/fido

Why can't fido get this phone working properly?!??!

Sorry for the rant but i thought paying such a high price for the phone i would expect basic functions like sms and receiving calls to work properly. 

3 REPLIES 3
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @dknl,

If the update did not resolve the situation, we might want to look at other avenues!

Have you tried your SIMcard in a different phone to see if it still happens? It could be SIM related. 

When it comes to text messages, are you using the Message app or the Hangout one?

Let us know!

dknl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi Alyson,

I have not tried it on another phone as I don't have another phone to try on.

I used to use only the stock messages app that came with the phone and not have been trying other apps like TEXTRA and HANGOUTS thinking it's the messaging app but it doesnt help.  I've uninstalled and switched back after the last troubleshooting session with FIDO support but the issue is back again.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Thanks! I'll go ahead and send you a PM so we can check it out! 

Just a heads up that you can also always reach out to us in Private Message on Facebook or Twitter if you ever need help Smiley

Talk to you soon!