Extremely disappointed....

alberto1988
I'm a Participant Level 1

I recently moved from Montreal to Toronto and I wanted to change my number in Montreal to one in Toronto. As the plans in Toronto are much higher than in Montreal with Fido, I decided to change to Virgin as they made me the best offer. When I called Fido to cancel my line, they rep on the phone made me a great offer BYOP 2Gb at 45$, plus 5$ discount for 6 months and 20$ of goodwill. With this great offer I decided to stay with them. My girlfriend was in the same situation so I asked the rep if we could have the same offer for her as she had already taken a Virgin number.

The rep told me that the best solution was to give her a new number on my account, so that she would have the same plan as me at 45$, without the 5$*6months discount and 20$ goodwill, but that we would BOTH have an extra 10% discount in our lines for life. Futhermore we would profit of the 25$ discount for both of us after 3 months.

After a week I called the customer service, as the modifications had not been done and to my surprise, the offer I had been given could not be done anymore and nothing seems to have been recorded on the system. After a long negotiation, I pretty much obtained my part of the offer, but my girlfriend had to take a 55$ plan for 1GB and ONLY HER would have the 10% discount. In short, I will pay more to have less.

Although, my conversation was recorded in the system, the new rep I talked to, says there is nothing else that can be done for me.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there anything that can be done? I feel misled.

1 REPLY 1
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi alberto1988 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to learn of your experience. Sad

I'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you; I'll send you a private message. For future reference, you can always reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter for any account-related questions.

Talk to you soon. Smiley