Extremely HORRIBLE customer service by fido

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

sammyli_418
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have used Fido since 2002 til now and i think i can say that i am a loyal customer. Does fido care? the answer is NO.

To all the current fido customers, whenever you want to cancel your contracts even it is not the due date yet, you can for sure ask for reducing or even dont have to pay for the penalty. All you have to do is just keep asking and they will offer you and it happend to my frd and uncle when they called about switching to the $40 w/ data plan about a month ago. 

What really happened was that i didnt know about it and i just switched to the $40 including data plan and paid for the penalty. However, afterward my uncle told me that fido offer him to reduce paying half of the penalty. My friend even got an offer that she didnt even have to pay any. I as a long time customer called back to fido right away and ask about it. The operator just ignored me and her attitude was horrible so i asked for talking to her supervisor. She then told me there was no supervisor at all!?!? I said fine and i would like a supervisor to call me back and talk about the matter. When the supervisor called me back, she even threatened that if she find out those 2 accounts really got the offer from the operators, she would call those 2 customers and told them she would then not honor the offer they got anymore. What kind of customer service is that??? Meanwhile, i was also complaining about what happened on fido facebook, all they did was just taking me around the park. They dont give me any answer and keep on saying there was nothing they could do. Moreover, i emailed to fido to report this matter. An advisor from the office of the president email me back and ask me to call her. I called her 3 times left her msg with the date and time i called, and I of coz didnt even get any call or email back from her after three whole weeks.

Everyone that i read my msg here, just dont expect there is any customer service from Fido/Rogers. I thought they take good care of their customers especailly a customer has been with them for more than 13 years. I AM WRONG about that. I will for sure post it up to all my social media and let everyone knows what is happening here!!!!!!!!!!!!    

4 REPLIES 4
Alex_DC
I'm Helpful Level 1

I've been with Fido since 2003 and get great customer service - always. I don't have unrealistic expectations and know what my end of the bargain is - quite simple really. If you don't like, don't buy.

Why shouldn't you pay out your balance owing? It's not a penalty, it's simply what you owe on the phone you bought at the start of the term and had the cost deferred over 24 months.

FidoPierre

Hey @sammyli_418

I am sorry to see you had this kind of experience when reaching out to us. We definitely want to do our best to offer help and ensure you receive complete and exact information!

It is definitely an unusual situation that you didn't receive a follow-up from our Office of the President, this is something we can also check out together. I would like to clarify that the TAB24 balance which is the amount charged when cancelling an agreement is directly linked to the amount left over owing on the device you received during your last upgrade. The TAB24 balance itself is usually not credited as it is part of the agreement. 

To better help we've sent you a PM so we can check out the details of your account. Smiley 

sammyli_418
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi @FidoPierre

I totally agree with paying the cancelling fee only if fido treats all customers the same way. I have no problem of paying the cancelling fee. However, i do have problem with the supervisor threating me on the phone. Second, no one even follow up my case and the lady never call me back. I have given 3 weeks time and i am pretty sure it should be more than enough time to wait. 

Hey @sammyli_418

This definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want our customers to have. We'll take a closer look through the account so we can check out the different interactions we had with you.