Extreme text Messaging from Fido

SOLVED
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

Fido.ca say it can be managed under My Account, but I don't see anything there.

https://www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/extreme_text_messaging

Am I missing something? If my plan has US or international texting, will I be able to forward incoming texts to those regions or does SMS forwarding only work to Canadian numbers?

Accepted Solution

Re: Extreme text Messaging from Fido

Solved by Moderator

Hello Sharonbuni.

To have access to extreme messages you can also text *xtreme* to 4716 and you will receive a SMS with a link. 

For details on specific features and set-ups, you can visit www.fido.ca/messaging.

Hope this helps Smiley

- FidoKenny

View solution in context
47 REPLIES 47
kelly1
I'm a Participant Level 3

I know this thread is over a year old, but did anyone ever figure out how to enable Extreme Text Messaging when your phone does NOT have wi-fi?

I just have a plain old mobile phone that I use for calling and SMS.  No web stuff. 

The Fido web site suggests you can set it up if you text XTREME to a certain number - so I did, and it sent me back a URL, which I opened on my computer web browser since I don't have internet on my phone.  No good.

Am I missing something really obvious? 

@kelly1 wrote:

I know this thread is over a year old, but did anyone ever figure out how to enable Extreme Text Messaging when your phone does NOT have wi-fi?

I just have a plain old mobile phone that I use for calling and SMS.  No web stuff. 

The Fido web site suggests you can set it up if you text XTREME to a certain number - so I did, and it sent me back a URL, which I opened on my computer web browser since I don't have internet on my phone.  No good.

Am I missing something really obvious? 

Hey Kelly1!

I have an update about the Extreme Text Messaging service that I would like to share. You can manage the Extreme Text Messaging using the My Account application which you can download to your device. You simply need to select the Services tab and you will find Extreme Text Messaging under the Manage My Services section. The My Account application can only be access through our network so it is important that you make sure Wi-Fi is turned off. 

Hope this helps!

bb123
I'm a Participant Level 1

Copy and Auto Reply doesn't work for me at all.

Copy sorta works.. when I send messages out I get a copy of that on my other phone, but none of my received messages are actually being copied.

This would be so nice if it works.

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

By the way, does anyone know if this can be (when it is working) administered when not on the Fido network? Currently it is only configurable through the fido.mobi page, which is only accessible when on the Fido network. If I am on wifi or in the US, is there anyway to configure it then? Will the currently broken page that Fido says is used to configure the service, http://www.fido.ca/m/etm, allow us to do it off of the Fido network?

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

take out the etm part of the link and let me know if it still works...

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.

SharonBuni
I'm a Participant Level 1

I cant see the "my account" option on my Fido app ( Smartphone ) how to i get extreme text message?

Hello Sharonbuni.

To have access to extreme messages you can also text *xtreme* to 4716 and you will receive a SMS with a link. 

For details on specific features and set-ups, you can visit www.fido.ca/messaging.

Hope this helps Smiley

- FidoKenny

jp

I've followed the instructions to activate extreme text messaging on my iphone 5s (not on wifi) and there is no option to manage extreme text in my account. I've contacted fido support and they can't help at all as all they can do is reference the features page on fido.ca

I'd love to get this feature active on my account. Very frustrating the lack of support I received regarding this. I'm obviously not the only one who has had this not work for them.

If there is a fix for this please advise.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey jp!

What happened when you tried texting "XTREME" to 4716? Did you receive a link?

Have you tried entering www.fido.ca/m/etm directly the address bar on your phone's browser?

Let us know!

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

Every time I enter in www.fido.ca/m/etm it takes me to the following page http://rogers.jumptxt.com/personal-sms/home.action and I get this message "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /personal-sms/home.action on this server.

What to do?

I want to stop SMS forwarding.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hi @ppuri3

Are you able to text "XTREME" to 4716? 

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

Yes and I get the URL but when I open the link "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /personal-sms/home.action on this server. "

Thanks a lot @ppuri3,

Our support team is currently investigating and working on a solution. It should be resolved shortly.

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

I just found out from customer service... It seems they are working on this from Nov 3rd...

Seems to be a long time Smiley to fix something like this.

Thanks for your feedback. 

We'll make sure to keep you guys updated once it's resolved.

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thank you for your reply.. we are still waiting for correction... Do they have a date by when it will be?

We cannot login to Extreme text Messaging and hope that someone in the "back office" can stop SMS forwarding from my phone number. We need to stop SMS forwarding Sad

We might have to move our service to a different provider if this cannot be corrected soon.

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go @ppuri3

The supplier of this platform is currently investigating. We’re working towards resolving the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we will keep you all posted as soon as we know more.

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

How much longer would you take to fix the Extreme text Messaging?

Fido is a well renowned company and we hope that something minor, but affecting so many customers, fixed quickly. 

How can Fido be so nonchalant about this?

We hear you @ppuri3! I can assure you that we're taking the matter very seriously and we're doing our best to make sure it gets sorted out ASAP. 

That being said, we don't have an ETA as of now. We'll update you guys when we have more info. 

ppuri3
I'm Helpful Level 1

I have been very patient for a resolution.

Who is the telecom authority that a customer may address their concerns to; Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission or the CCTS?

Thanks