Extreme text Messaging from Fido

Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Extreme text Messaging from Fido

Fido.ca say it can be managed under My Account, but I don't see anything there.

https://www.fido.ca/web/content/messaging/extreme_text_messaging

Am I missing something? If my plan has US or international texting, will I be able to forward incoming texts to those regions or does SMS forwarding only work to Canadian numbers?

Accepted Solution

Re: Extreme text Messaging from Fido

Hello Sharonbuni.

To have access to extreme messages you can also text *xtreme* to 4716 and you will receive a SMS with a link. 

For details on specific features and set-ups, you can visit www.fido.ca/messaging.

Hope this helps Smiley

- FidoKenny

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

When I try the url it is forwarded to the Rogers ETM set-up. It worked anyways and works really well. Thanks for the post. I did not get notification from Fido, at least not that I noticed.

Thank-You! and Happy Holidays to all. I will be checking this forum from now on for new developements.

Greg

When Rogers bought Fido, they promised to keep the Fido brand. They kept their promise.

No other wireless carrier still offers per-second billing and the best customer service for less.

I used to be with Clearnet, before a larger carrier took over and changed everything.

Long Live Fido!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I LOVE this thing!!! Thanks again and again.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 48
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Your welcome for the help!  You can count on the members of the Fido Technical Community anytime you need help. Glad to see members like you appreciating great help.  We're here for you any time you need us!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thanks.  The Auto-Reply is not working.  This is not a specific carrier Auto-Reply function, right? Should it work when a friend on Bell sends a text?

When I send myself a text, I get the Auto-Reply so I assumed it was working. Other functions work fine.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 48
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Fido, Rogers and any re-sellers, all use the same SMS Gateway.   Companies such as Bell, Telus (Bellus), Wind, Virgin, Solo and Pubic mobile have a different system, so to make the messages work, a gateway was created called the inter-carrier sms gateway a few years ago,   even though it was created, it is not without its problems.   messages to and from Bellus, and the other guys, have to go through this gateway,  this sometimes strips messages of certain headers and delivery reports due to backwards compatibility with other gateways.  There could be an issue here in the auto reply not going through at all or going throgh with a delay? Those issues are hard to troubleshoot due to the introduction of a third party gateway in the picture.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thanks. The Auto-Reply message does not through.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

It goes through to my Fido friends, but not Bell.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 48
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I think it is his Blackberry that is not allowing my Auto-Reply to get to his phone. Is that a possibility ?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 48
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I know this thread is over a year old, but did anyone ever figure out how to enable Extreme Text Messaging when your phone does NOT have wi-fi?

I just have a plain old mobile phone that I use for calling and SMS.  No web stuff. 

The Fido web site suggests you can set it up if you text XTREME to a certain number - so I did, and it sent me back a URL, which I opened on my computer web browser since I don't have internet on my phone.  No good.

Am I missing something really obvious? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 48
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@kelly1 wrote:

I know this thread is over a year old, but did anyone ever figure out how to enable Extreme Text Messaging when your phone does NOT have wi-fi?

I just have a plain old mobile phone that I use for calling and SMS.  No web stuff. 

The Fido web site suggests you can set it up if you text XTREME to a certain number - so I did, and it sent me back a URL, which I opened on my computer web browser since I don't have internet on my phone.  No good.

Am I missing something really obvious? 

Hey Kelly1!

I have an update about the Extreme Text Messaging service that I would like to share. You can manage the Extreme Text Messaging using the My Account application which you can download to your device. You simply need to select the Services tab and you will find Extreme Text Messaging under the Manage My Services section. The My Account application can only be access through our network so it is important that you make sure Wi-Fi is turned off. 

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 48