Extreme Text Messaging in iPhone My Account app

I'm a Contributor Level 1 Mike
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Extreme Text Messaging in iPhone My Account app

I know when I previously used Rogers, their My Account app on the iPhone allowed me to control my recently launched Extreme Text Messaging. I'm fairly certain it can be done by the WAP My Account site on dumbphones, but as of now, there's no way to control it via the standalone app.

Accepted Solution

Re: Extreme Text Messaging in iPhone My Account app

@Paolo @10yearfido

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll pass along your thoughts on updating the Fido "My Account" application to align with the Rogers version.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Funny, but you can actually use the Rogers app to manage ETM for your Fido acct. You'll still need the Fido for the other features.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Attn Fido programmers, please update the MyAccount portal and application to inline it with the Rogers one.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

I'd agree. Fido you need to update the Fido app to parity with the Rogers version. It's basically just an embed of the mobi page any, so it will be a trivial update.

Since I am using the Rogers app, I noticed it has the ability to add options, like my 5, a Rogers not a fido option. I wonder what would happen if I tried adding it (I have unlimited Can/US calling so it's not like it would help me, but might be an interesting test of the system)
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Solution

@Paolo @10yearfido

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll pass along your thoughts on updating the Fido "My Account" application to align with the Rogers version.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

Thanks Erin. Looks like it has been updated. Lots of interesting new features in there too.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 Panhelp
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello. I am having trouble with removing PERSONAL SIGNATURE on FIDO Iphone app. Under fido iphone app > under extreme text messaging > under personal signature , I am unable to turn it OFF.  When click on PERSONAL SIGNATURE, the following message appear: "error on line 86 at column 51 xmlparsed. below is the rendering of page up" I Tried deleting the app, backup and install iphone and then redownload the app. App was deleted in both iTunes and iPhone I am still seeing that error and cannot remove personal signature. Please help!!!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey Panhelp!

Have you been able to get this matter resolved since?

Please let me know so that I know if I should flag this to our support team or not.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8