Extra confusing charges on my first bill

SOLVED
mitramat
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

I am a new customer to Fido, I received my Fido Sim card for $65/month about two weeks ago on 17th Feb 2018. I now received the bill and in addition to regular price, there is $25 dollars of Total other charges, $4.62 for GST and $6.46 for PST , which I don't know what they are? No one told me in the store that will happen and this is very unfair. 

Can you help me with all these extras? Will it be appearing in my all bills until I am the Fido customer?

Regards

Mitra

Accepted Solution

Re: Extra confusing charges on my first bill

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

The GST and PST is charged by the Federal and provincal government respectively. There is no way to get out of this one.

The $25.00 is a transaction fee that Fido charges for processing your service request if you don't buy on fido.ca (as per fineprint: "If you don't buy on fido.ca, a one-time $25 Transaction Fee applies for the processing of your service request.")

Those fees would be present on your FIdo contract.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

The GST and PST is charged by the Federal and provincal government respectively. There is no way to get out of this one.

The $25.00 is a transaction fee that Fido charges for processing your service request if you don't buy on fido.ca (as per fineprint: "If you don't buy on fido.ca, a one-time $25 Transaction Fee applies for the processing of your service request.")

Those fees would be present on your FIdo contract.