Extra charges on bill

Extra charges on bill

Extra charges on bill

Thaiserv
I'm a Participant Level 3

Extra charges on bill

I have Fido for almost 2 years, and for the first time I woke up this morning with a text saying that I have data overage charges. For these last 2 years, every time that, for some reason, I was close to reach my data limit I always got a text informing me of this and after it another text offering me to buy an extra data for that period, but I was never charged for it without my consent or without being aware that the limit was reached to make a decision to stop using it. For this reason the text this morning informing me that I have a overcharge of $50 for the extra data usage got me by surprise, and I am profoundly disappointed with Fido. I always advertise you as been a great company, but today appeared to me that the company is not thinking of providing us the best service but to take advantage of our unawareness to get more money, since I haven’t been checking my data usage trusting that Fido would let me know the same way it did several times before, but apparently Fido is not what it used to be. 

3 REPLIES 3
FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Hello there @Thaiserv !

I completely understand that receiving the $50 data cap notification is never a pleasant surprise, however we cannot guarantee the reception of the notifications: they must not be used in order to protect yourself but rather as informative tools, hence why we always recommend to track your data usage via the Fido My Account app which we provide for free. 

That being said, you should still receive the data notifications. Feel free to reach  out to us so we can escalate a technical ticket regarding your situation.

Thaiserv
I'm a Participant Level 3

Yes, I found out the worst way that I cannot rely on Fido’s notifications. But I also don’t understand why Fido don’t block my data when I hit my limit but instead continue using it to have the opportunity to charge me without my knowledge and authorization. 

I have contact Fido by phone last Sunday and I was told that they were opening a case, but I’m still waiting a answer that apparently is not coming, so I will have to call again. 

Thanks for getting back to us @Thaiserv!

Our customers do like to have the freedom to use their data at all times they may need it even if they have reached their usage limit. On our end though we do offer ways to track it as @FidoGabrielle mentioned and also the option to add more data.

That said, if you called in customer care and a ticket was opened then someone will be contacting you back. There can be some delays but I assure you they'll be in touch Smiley