Extra charges on bill

Extra charges on bill

Extra charges on bill

SOLVED
yen16
I'm a Participant Level 1

Extra charges on bill

I just activated my phone on december 6. I brought my own phone & i got the $55/mo plan.. got my first bill and it said $136 with $50 extra internet charge? Can someone please explain what that is? Thank n u

Accepted Solution

Re: Extra charges on bill

Solved by MVP MVP

@yen16 When you activate your line, the system automatically assigns a billing cycle to your account, this cycle begins the day following your activation date. Due to this, you're billed for 1 month + 1 day on your first bill. 

The charges you got for going over your data is because your data is prorated which means for the one day (Dec 6th) you did not have access to the full 2gb of data you only had 2048/30= 68mb of data for that day.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@yen16 When you activate your line, the system automatically assigns a billing cycle to your account, this cycle begins the day following your activation date. Due to this, you're billed for 1 month + 1 day on your first bill. 

The charges you got for going over your data is because your data is prorated which means for the one day (Dec 6th) you did not have access to the full 2gb of data you only had 2048/30= 68mb of data for that day.

Hi there @yen16

To start with, thanks for joining the Fido, as well as our online Community Smiley We're happy to have you with us!

It seems @KAPABLE-K is correct, in saying that your Fido monthly plan/services are prorated for the first few days (or day) before your 1st billing cycle begins. 

We've got an article on Fido.ca called "Your monthly Fido bills explained" which briefly covers the main points about how our billing works Smiley This might help clear it up!

If you go over the Data in your plan and the rate happens to be $5 per 100MB over, it would take using 1000 MB extra to reach $50 in Data charges.

Are you able to see how much Data was used-up during the month, on your bill?

This should appear on the page that lists the charge details Smiley 

To view or print your detailed online bill:

- Click on "Billing & Payments"

- Select the month you'd like to see in the drop-down list

- Scroll down & click on "Save this bill (PDF)"

Let me know if you find what you're looking for!