Existing plan, no more fido$ and no spotify replacement benefit

SOLVED
joemarriott
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi,

So I just found out that Fido dollars are not being accumulated on my existing plan/term which still has 15 months to go.  Fido wont add spotify to the existing plan, and wants me to switch plans which would end up costing an extra $20-30 per month for the same features.

Shouldn't customers with existing plans still earn fido$ until their subscription term ends? Or alternatively get spotify included instead?

Fido$ benefit was certainly promoted by the sales guy when I signed up, didnt mention it could be taken away at anytime.

**Edited to add labels

Accepted Solution

Re: Existing plan, no more fido$ and no spotify replacement benefit

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 joemarriott

on the fido update website it says "If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

so it sounds like I'll still earn fido$ for the remainder of the subscription term.  This is a different to what customer service told me, they said fido$ would not be earned for current subscriptions after April 6th 2016.

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
joemarriott

on the fido update website it says "If, on April 6, 2016, you subscribe to a plan on a term agreement that earns FidoDOLLARS, you’ll no longer earn FidoDOLLARS as of the end of your current term. You’ll be able to redeem your accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance under the program until July 6, 2018."

so it sounds like I'll still earn fido$ for the remainder of the subscription term.  This is a different to what customer service told me, they said fido$ would not be earned for current subscriptions after April 6th 2016.

My understanding is that we should still be earning Fido dollars until the end of our term once we had the agreement before April 6-2016.

Welcome to the community @joemarriott! Very_Happy

If you have a plan that launched after April 7th 2015 or if you signed a new agreement after April 6th 2016, you will  lose your Fidodollars balance on July 6th 2016.

If your plan was launched before April 7th 2015 and the agreement was signed before April 6th 2016, you will keep earning Fidodollars until the end of your agreement and you can you redeem your balance on July 6th 2018.

If you want to check out your plan options, let us know and we can send you a PM. Smiley

joemarriott

Hi FidoTerry,

Yes please PM me.  I started my current plan in June 2015, but I have no idea if the plan was 'launched' before April 7th 2015.

What has the plan 'launch' date got to do with anything.  From my point of view, the plan I signed up for included fido$, so I expect to earn fido$ for the entire term (2 years).  If fido is renegging on what was promised, then wouldn't that invalidate the contract?

Thanks

Joe

You will continue to earn Fidodollars until the end of the agreement if your plan was launched before April 7th 2015. Any plans launched after that no longer earns Fidodollars and we tell our customers before changing the plan. I'll send you a PM now so we can check out your account. Smiley

tcartr
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Three times I have been told a different story on this issue. I renewed on September 21 2015 an my first time asking Iwas told I am no longer accumulating fido dollars then I was told I am to end of contract. Now Ichecked my account and saw iIhad not earned any recently. I called and was told nowI am not. What conflicting info and was told I have to change to a new plan to get Spotify. Why would I give up my great grandfather plan for music??? This with the marshmallow situation means highly unlikely I renew, not happy at all. So not rewards for long time customers it seems.

Hey @tcartr!

Oh no we defintiely don't want to see you go and we certainly want you to always have an aamzing experience with us. Is there anything about your plan or FidoDOLLARS™ that you'd like us to clarify?

tcartr
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@FidoChristina

Well I wanted a definite answer to if I am still collecting but I was told a different answer three times. However checking my account I see I have not earned any recently. I was told today I definitely have stopped so why not offer us other options besides changing plans?

Hey @tcartr

There's a few case by case scenarios for the when the FidoDOLLARS stop accumulating and expire all together. The best reference is to check out this page right here

We're constantly working on improving our services and offers for our customers. At this time the Pulse plans have some of the most beneficial values such as Spotify Premium, Daily VICE and soon Fido Roam !

I hope this helps. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@joemarriott you can get the full details on the Fido rewards update here.

It's a pretty **bleep** move to get rid of the Fido dollars, in my opionion its just a way to get people to give up the old plans that are cheaper compared to today rates.