Existing Customers Still Need Support!!!

SM7057
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Fido,

Here's a tip; if you're planning to run a promo, market research and demand planning are a key element to making sure you can manage the promo while maintaining general operations. Your entire company is completely unreachable!! This is unbelievable. I am travelling to the US and need to add roaming to my cell package. I leave at 7:00am December 23rd. I guarantee you one thing, if I am not able to update my phone plan by end of day December 22nd, you will be terminated and I will find a provider that puts at least equal value on existing loyal customers as it does pillaging the millions of plan jumpers. I expect this type of poor service from Rogers and Bell, but not from Fido.

4 REPLIES 4
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello SM7057,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? If you have a Pulse plan, you will only be able to travel to the US using Fido Roam (see here). If you do not have a Pulse plan, you will need to purchase a Travel Pack or use the services on a pay-per-use basis. Are you aware that you can purchase a Travel pack by texting TRAVEL to 7626 or via My Account (see here)? You should note that the Travel Packs are valid for 31 days, including date of purchase.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi,

The problem is, Fido never planned this promotion, it was the competitors who offered this, they just made it available as a counter offer last minute with short notice so they can retain some of those customers so there was no plan in place for this to happen, im sure they are  very sory for the frustration they caused to you

SM7057
I'm a Participant Level 2

So in other words, Fido (and others) took the bait. One of the big guns created the promo and planned for the promo, leaving the smaller companys make a decision: do nothing or chase their tale and get run into the ground. Either way, they're loosing customers. I'm NOT SATISFIED!

@SM7057 wrote:

...One of the big guns created the promo and planned for the promo, leaving the smaller companys make a decision: do nothing or chase their tale and get run into the ground...

Hello again,

The promotions were in response to Freedom Mobile's offering. It's the bigger companies who made the decision to follow suit...

Cheers