Exclusive deals - terrible

I'm a Contributor Level 1 devonw
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Exclusive deals - terrible

Hello, so I noticed online people mentioning this great loyalty plan offered to them $40/5GB with pulse....I think hey!, I've been a long loyal customer I want to sign up as well since my contract is up soon.  To my disappointment, I was offered $50/5GB.  Over 10 years with Fido and that's all I get?  Sad  Please tell me this isn't so.

Accepted Solution

Re: Exclusive deals - terrible

Hey @TNK, thanks for posting!

I did move your post to this thread, as it deals with a similar topic. Smiley

On our end, we do want to emphasize the fact that we 100% appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want them to have the best offer possible that will fit their needs! In order to ensure our loyal customers always have the best deals, we do offer loyalty plans as well as our in-market plans. When it comes to loyalty plans, our system finds availability and many factors can influence what plans a specific account is targeted for. It's important to note that we can only apply plans that a subscriber is targeted for, but we'll always do our best to get you the best offer!

In terms of your account, we do have tons of promos going on right now, and we'd love to check your options out together! I'll send you a PM to get started.

Finally, I did want to mention that all our offerings and promotions fall within the rules and regulations outlined by the CRTC and enforced by the CCTS. When it does come to product pricing, I assure you that we're 100% aligned.

I hope this info helps! We'll talk in PM regarding your account Smiley 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 TNK
I'm a Participant Level 2

I am very disappointed with the blatant favouritism that Fido is promoting by offering a select few customers "exclusive" plans while other long time and excellent payee customers are being overlooked.

I have requested Fido a number of times to please switch my current Fido pulse plan to a similar pulse plan but it would allow me to gain an extra gigabit of data and save me $5 a month but they refuse. I do not understand why - the contract terms are not changing.

Does CCTS need to get involved?

Infact, my wife tried to go on a contract with one of these exclusive offers and was still rejected.

Tired of these games. Loyalty should be a two way street.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 21
Solution

Hey @TNK, thanks for posting!

I did move your post to this thread, as it deals with a similar topic. Smiley

On our end, we do want to emphasize the fact that we 100% appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want them to have the best offer possible that will fit their needs! In order to ensure our loyal customers always have the best deals, we do offer loyalty plans as well as our in-market plans. When it comes to loyalty plans, our system finds availability and many factors can influence what plans a specific account is targeted for. It's important to note that we can only apply plans that a subscriber is targeted for, but we'll always do our best to get you the best offer!

In terms of your account, we do have tons of promos going on right now, and we'd love to check your options out together! I'll send you a PM to get started.

Finally, I did want to mention that all our offerings and promotions fall within the rules and regulations outlined by the CRTC and enforced by the CCTS. When it does come to product pricing, I assure you that we're 100% aligned.

I hope this info helps! We'll talk in PM regarding your account Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 21
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 radolang

Same here. Was on old $39/m plan - was automatically moved to $44/m plan inside my 2 year term (although started getting $5 monthly discount till the end of the term.) I was told because of $44/m plan I can't be eligible for $40/5GB plan since it is offered to customers on plans cheaper than $40. This is ridiculous because I never authorized the move to $44 and I'm still paying $39 with the monthly discount. ($39 plan has just 600MB of data)

The fact that some people can get $40/m plan and some people are simply denied access to this offer is not the right way to treat loyal customers. Been with Fido since 2001. And will leave Fido in 2018 if I'm not "targeted" with $40/5GB or better offer. Very unhappy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 21
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @radolang,

My colleague @FidoNick described it very well and to support his point regarding loyatly - it means absolutely everything to us! 

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 eehenry1

@radolang

Goodluck with that PM ...LOL

Please Post if they helped you, or it you got the standard “ watch for upcoming specials “ 

it is is so frustrating Sad 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 3 Sailor83
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm so angry that I can't get the same plan as my husband. We are both on the same account and we signed up together, but he has a better plan than I do. Apparently the loyalty offers are based on a person's usage history etc. Since I'm a new mother, my usage needs have changed over the past year. I went from being on maternity leave, to working from home and back to work full-time a year later. My needs have changed and they will continue to change since I work a seasonal job. Every time I make a change to my account, I get charged more. What really makes me mad though, is that my husband is paying less than I am and if I want a plan at the same price I will get less data. I feel discriminated against. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 21

Hey there @Sailor83

Welcome to the community Smiley

I've moved your post to his thread as the accepted solution is relevant to your case. As mentioned, targeted offers would be available for the targeted line only. Though that doesn't mean that your line has no available offers.

We're here to help and we'll be happy to go over your options together. To get started, you can reach out to us on these channels. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here.

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 21

Oh yes, I know there are special offers just for me. They are WORSE than my husband's deal. And they aren't reflecting my usage because my needs and usage has changed over the months while I had a baby. It's a SCAM TO MAKE MORE MONEY. It's total discrimination by treating one person different than another. I have been a happy Fido customer for years and this is enough to make me leave. I'll be taking all 4 of my phone lines with me when I go. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 21

Hey @Sailor83

I'm sorry to learn you feel this way about our plans.  As mentioned on this thread, the targeted offers are different for every customer.  However, we'll be happy to take a second look at your account with you to verify if there's anything we might have missed.  I'll be sending you a PM so we can get started.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 21

It's ok, I've already wasted hours of my time talking to Fido reps about this and nobody has been able to give me the same deal my husband has. They did, however, give me some worse offers. Like a plan for the same price with less data. I also sent a message to the office of the executive vice president and I didn't even get a reply. I'm done talking and I've already started shopping around. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 21