Exclusive deals - terrible

I'm a Contributor Level 1 devonw
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Exclusive deals - terrible

Hello, so I noticed online people mentioning this great loyalty plan offered to them $40/5GB with pulse....I think hey!, I've been a long loyal customer I want to sign up as well since my contract is up soon.  To my disappointment, I was offered $50/5GB.  Over 10 years with Fido and that's all I get?  Sad  Please tell me this isn't so.

Accepted Solution

Re: Exclusive deals - terrible

Hey @TNK, thanks for posting!

I did move your post to this thread, as it deals with a similar topic. Smiley

On our end, we do want to emphasize the fact that we 100% appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want them to have the best offer possible that will fit their needs! In order to ensure our loyal customers always have the best deals, we do offer loyalty plans as well as our in-market plans. When it comes to loyalty plans, our system finds availability and many factors can influence what plans a specific account is targeted for. It's important to note that we can only apply plans that a subscriber is targeted for, but we'll always do our best to get you the best offer!

In terms of your account, we do have tons of promos going on right now, and we'd love to check your options out together! I'll send you a PM to get started.

Finally, I did want to mention that all our offerings and promotions fall within the rules and regulations outlined by the CRTC and enforced by the CCTS. When it does come to product pricing, I assure you that we're 100% aligned.

I hope this info helps! We'll talk in PM regarding your account Smiley 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 21
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

That type of plan was offered during Christmas 2017 to general public for new and current customer alike. Such plans will be offered from time to time.

Unfortunely if you missed it then you will have to wait until it is promoted next time around. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 21
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @devonw,

Want someone to go over your options? Contact us here, we'll be happy to help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 eehenry1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I tottally feel your pain!!!!!!
I call in every couple months and enquire
I am always told " you are on the lowest loyalty plan we have"

I have been here since 2005 
Two lines

When someone new comes along and gets a better deal, it REALLY isnt ok. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 21

Hey eehenry1! 

We love seeing customers that have stuck by us for so many years, and, without a doubt, we appreciate the loyalty that you have shown us. Whether you're targeted for certain offers or not, that will not change. 

Our offers change often, so keep checking with us from time to time to see what new and amazing offers will be available for you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 21

Yup, been a customer since 2005.  Other people have the same plan as I do and they were able to get this deal with a free phone.  Frustrated that they target these deals with no rhyme or reason.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 21

Hey @devonw

We always come up with new deals.

I invite you to keep an eye on our promo page for upcoming offers.

If you want to go over your options, you can also contact us through our channels here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 21

Well I did in fact contact CS to find out what I do have offered.....boy oh boy.....I could potentially get the same plan, but it's for $15 more.  Not impressed!  >.<

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 21

Hey @devonw, we often have new plans and promos so keep an eye out on our website to stay up to date on the latest offers. Thanks. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 21
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ToloCDN
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Why is anyone surprised at this? Even dealing with the Office Of the President about this nonsense is a fiasco. No one at all can still credibly explain to me how a plan can be offered (we all know that sales/marketing wouldn't even think of offering a plan at all if it didn't mean it made money), is known about, confirmed to exist by their reps and yet be unattainable because, well frankly they don't care.

The standard line is now becoming the computer (they have an AI in sales apparently) is the only one that can decide who is special enough and it can't be over written.

Careful how high you escalate this too, as they'll add a note to your account and then use it as an excuse to not reply to you.

In the end don't be too mean (or mean at all) to the front line folks as they are just trying to keep their jobs, meet unrealistic standards, even though it means pee-poor service for actual loyal customers and the "shot callers" don't become answerable to anything or anyone.

Fido/Rogers want to cater to the uninformed shopper while doing the best to suppress and script answer anyone with logical questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 TNK

I am very disappointed with the blatant favouritism that Fido is promoting by offering a select few customers "exclusive" plans while other long time and excellent payee customers are being overlooked.

I have requested Fido a number of times to please switch my current Fido pulse plan to a similar pulse plan but it would allow me to gain an extra gigabit of data and save me $5 a month but they refuse. I do not understand why - the contract terms are not changing.

Does CCTS need to get involved?

Infact, my wife tried to go on a contract with one of these exclusive offers and was still rejected.

Tired of these games. Loyalty should be a two way street.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 21
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @TNK, thanks for posting!

I did move your post to this thread, as it deals with a similar topic. Smiley

On our end, we do want to emphasize the fact that we 100% appreciate the loyalty of all our customers and always want them to have the best offer possible that will fit their needs! In order to ensure our loyal customers always have the best deals, we do offer loyalty plans as well as our in-market plans. When it comes to loyalty plans, our system finds availability and many factors can influence what plans a specific account is targeted for. It's important to note that we can only apply plans that a subscriber is targeted for, but we'll always do our best to get you the best offer!

In terms of your account, we do have tons of promos going on right now, and we'd love to check your options out together! I'll send you a PM to get started.

Finally, I did want to mention that all our offerings and promotions fall within the rules and regulations outlined by the CRTC and enforced by the CCTS. When it does come to product pricing, I assure you that we're 100% aligned.

I hope this info helps! We'll talk in PM regarding your account Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 radolang

Same here. Was on old $39/m plan - was automatically moved to $44/m plan inside my 2 year term (although started getting $5 monthly discount till the end of the term.) I was told because of $44/m plan I can't be eligible for $40/5GB plan since it is offered to customers on plans cheaper than $40. This is ridiculous because I never authorized the move to $44 and I'm still paying $39 with the monthly discount. ($39 plan has just 600MB of data)

The fact that some people can get $40/m plan and some people are simply denied access to this offer is not the right way to treat loyal customers. Been with Fido since 2001. And will leave Fido in 2018 if I'm not "targeted" with $40/5GB or better offer. Very unhappy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 21
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @radolang,

My colleague @FidoNick described it very well and to support his point regarding loyatly - it means absolutely everything to us! 

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 21
I'm a Participant Level 2 eehenry1

@radolang

Goodluck with that PM ...LOL

Please Post if they helped you, or it you got the standard “ watch for upcoming specials “ 

it is is so frustrating Sad 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 21