Esim support

Esim support

Esim support

SOLVED
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Esim support

Hi

i am wondering if Fido is supporting esim on iPhone xs. If not when it will be possible for them to support. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Esim support

Solved by Moderator

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

***Update*** eSIMs are available in all retail stores except Best Buy.

View solution in context
118 REPLIES 118
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi, does Fido support esim for Pixel 3 ?

Hello @nomadmtl,

We currently don't have eSim support for the Google Pixel 3. 

Why ? Other carriers does support esim on Pixel 3 thought.

Hey @nomadmtl

We support eSIM for the Google Pixel 3a and the 3a XL, but not for the Pixel 3.

Hope it helps! Smiley

Hi @FidoJulien ,

Thank you for the reply.

Problem is why Fido doesn't support it ? Pixel 3 haves an eid and therefore is esim enable. Also, Pixel 3a is a medium model vs Pixel 3 a premium one.

Hey @nomadmtl!

Both phones should support the eSIM, the difference is that the 3a offers dual-SIM support (to have 2 active SIMs, on 2 networks, with 2 unique numbers) whereas the Pixel 3 does not. 

You can get a eSIM from us and activate it on your Pixel 3 however if you are someone who travels and uses a local SIM we do advise against it as once you deactivate the eSIM you'll have to buy a new one in order to activate a new eSIM. It won't be as simple as swapping the physical SIM.

If you'd like to go ahead and do this, then please contact us and we can ship you an eSIM. To activate it, you need to be sure your phone is on Android 10 and you can activate it via your phone settings.

I hope that info helps!

How about Apple Watch? Can we enable Esim for it?

Hey @logicallayer! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

At this time we do not carry any Apple Watch on Fido and thus do not support the Esim for it either.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

I'm a Participant Level 1

bring it halifax location too.

Yeah man, looks like there is no Fido store in Halifax that can active esim.

What's the deal with no Vancouver location??? Have to drive 30 minutes out of the city, more than 45 minutes each way from my place, just to get an esim. 

Absurd.

I'm a Participant Level 2

Can somebody tell me if e SIM cards are available in Canada or not ?

Hey @Acchibar! I moved your post to this thread since it concerns the eSIM and has all the info you need Smiley

@Rajjairath, we have no news on that but if anything changes we'll be sure to update everyone.

Hope this info helps!

just finding this thread now, glad to know you guys are finally supporting esims

Couple questions

1) Will esims be offered for data only plans (ie. the $15, 3Gig/4Gig tablet plan)? and if so, will it still be LTE speed?

2) Will prepaid plans be eligible for switching to esim?

Hi @Joycey, we currently have no information on this but will let you know as soon as we do. Thanks Smiley

Hi,

Did anyone try to activate the esim on Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL?

Hi @shivaagarwal1

We currently only support the iPhone Xs, Xs Max and XR.

Any update when more stores can do this. I live in Edmonton and would like to get Fido esim

thanks

Hello,

I went to the store in Metrotown and they told me i couldn't get a ESIM if I had a contract.

I just bought my iPhone and my 2 year plan from Fido.

is this real the truth?

Thank you

Emma

Hey @brettv and all interested! Welcome to the community. Smiley

Good news, we now offer eSIMs for clients on an agreement at select stores.

Did you go to the Fido store at the Metropolis at Metrotown on 4700 Kingsway, 1163?

If you did, I suggest trying again. This policy went into effect very recently and the employee may not have been aware.

Let us know how it works out.