Endless page refreshes on fido.ca

whiteflash
I'm a Participant Level 3

Is anyone else having horrible issues with login and page loops on fido.ca, speificially the Community Forums.  If I return to my tab after a period of time and try to do something, I end up in this endless loop.  See this screen capture:

http://www.xup.ca/Fido.mp4

In this instance, the URL that it appears to be trying to use is:

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/my-account/overview?lithium_forum=true&redirectreason=notregistered&refe...

I also frequently run into the issue where I visit the forums, click login, and it brings me back to the same page, not logged in.  Sign in button is there still and I'm not logged in.

10 REPLIES 10
kr6
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@afterthefact,
Thanks for taking the time out to respond anyway. I directed my question to you because I thought you were a part of the development team and had insight into the Fido web code.

I was able to figure out the problem which was due to the new fido.ca being heavily reliant on third party sites for authentication. The login module is powered by janrainsso.com which requires a cookie from this domain to function. I have high security setting enable on my browsers, which blocks cross site cookies that prevented the login module from being loaded. My mobile device (BlackBerry) has a more relaxed security setting because I never use it from browsing (only had to make an exception for fido.ca). Taking a screen shot from my BlackBerry would no show the error and sending the image from my PC to the phone was not worth the effort.

Here is another suggestion for improving the fido.ca site for the developer;
Check cookies and javascript setting on the browser and inform the user according is these are disabled.
kr6
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@afterthefact can you provide some assistance with this issue. Fido.ca is again not functioning as I am unable to login. I am not getting the login popup and the error "check login not successful" shows in the browser log for both Firefox and Chrome.

Firefox reports that this error is generated from the "capture:login" page located on one of the cloudfront.net mirror.

Chrome reports an "Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to read localStorage property from Window" coming from rogers-fido.janrainsso.com, followed by the same "capture:login" error as Firefox.

Sorry, I cannot provide screen shots as I can only login on my mobile device. I have also created a ticket for this issue with customer service.
afterthefact
I'm Experienced Level 3

Hi @kr6 not sure I'm the best person to help with your issue.  I do understand you are on mobile but you should still be able to take screenshots (ex. on iPhone simply press home [O] at the same time as power [--] to take a screenshot).   Otherwise I think it may have something to do with your local config/setup as I am able to login fine with IE11, Chrome & Firefox.   

kr6
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I finally took some time to dig deeper into the "new" fido.ca site since my billing cycle is coming up and I need to view my invoice online. All I have to say is "Holly Javascripts Batman!!". For those having these the reload or login issues, you will need to delete your cookies and cache as mentioned over and over on this forum. However, depending on your browser security settings or firewall, you will also need to trust the below sites (NOTE: the below sites will allow login and most features of the "new" fido.ca site. You may need to trust other URL for other functionalities). cloudfont.net adobedtm.com janrainsso.com janraincapture.com rpxnow.com Looks like Fido is gearing up to allow login using your social media ID!
kr6
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

The site has not worked for me since the changes. Endless refresh and I do not get the login popup. It seems the KISS model was not followed with the redesign. A simple login box as oppose to this popup overlay would have better device compatibility. Any ETA on getting the site fully restored?
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey kr6!

We're still working on it as fast as we can! Smiley

kr6
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Having noscript add-on installed breaks the fido.ca site and can lead to these endless reloads. Before the recent changes, allowing fido.ca and (I think) adobetm were the only two sites needed for fido.ca to be functional. Now fido.ca is heavily reliant on a lot of other third party sites for java scripts. I am still unable to login to fido.ca from my home because I have script blocking at the router firewall level to stop some pesky popups and click hijacking. I will post an update once I determine which sites are required to make the "new" fido.ca work.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi whiteflash!

We're still working on getting everything running perfectly. In the meantime, we've found that clearing the cookies usually resolves the login issue.

Let me know if it works for you. Smiley

***Edited typo***

whiteflash
I'm a Participant Level 3

Clearing the cookies every time I want to login?  

I've found that I have to close the browser and start over.

Seems like this new site was rushed into production, because there are problems all over the place./

I agree Fido has been getting sloppy lately, why implement a site thats just plague with problems. I can't even see the details for my lines when I select one line then try to view the details for anyother I just the see the details for the first one I checked.