Ending a contract and starting another one with Fido at Apple?

SOLVED
Spanese
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I am going to pick up at 6 at the apple store, but i'm not sure how to cancel my current contract and start another one with Fido? What are the procedures? My current plan is currently $55, and I know the max you have to be with the 6 is $60. Now how does getting a plan at apple work? Do they know my current plan and go accordinly?

Accepted Solution

Re: Ending a contract and starting another one with Fido at Apple?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel
Hi cmctav!
To clarify, if the phone was reserved on Fido.ca, your FidoDOLLARS can be used for the upgrade. However, if you reserved it with Apple, you won't be able to use them.
View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
Cat302
I'm a Participant Level 1

Your existing plan will go over to your new phone once you give Apple your phone number
jtega

I'm also doing the same thing, I signed 2 year agreement for the iPhone 5S last year. I'm buying out which is costing me around $264.
Then signing the contract allover again for 2 years. It's cheaper for me to buy out and re-sign a 2 year contract with fido again than it is per say to buy the phone out right at full cost.
At Apple they can call or check online, if you made arrangements with fido before hand on what plan you both came to an agreement with. 

Call fido tomorrow and ask them how much it would cost you to buy out, and also try to see if you can keep your current plan.

Spanese

Thanks for the reply!

Should I cancel my contract tomorrow or...?

jtega

You don't have to cancle tomorrow, I was told by a fido represenative I can do that on the day of, but at least inquire about it.

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

Not the first time I've seen someone mention the max plan at $60. Where are you getting that notion? The bare minimum plan with a paltry 500MB of data is $80.

Mike
Spanese

Edit: Nevermind.

cmctav
I'm a Participant Level 3

Wait, i'm confused. If I reseve a phone from apple to pick up at the eaton centre in Montreal can I use my fidodollars to renew my plan? I just spoke to a representative on fido chat saying that Apple is not an authorized fido dealer and I could only get it from best buy or futre shop.

Hi cmctav!
To clarify, if the phone was reserved on Fido.ca, your FidoDOLLARS can be used for the upgrade. However, if you reserved it with Apple, you won't be able to use them.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to bring up a small clarification: one situation when Fido dollars cannot be used is when the account is past due and the second one when the iphone to be purchased full price in an Apple store will be unlocked, thus not a Fido phone.

I reserved an iPhone 4S some time ago on Apple website and went there and bought it with 2 year contract and Fido dollars. I know that they have access to a sales software that allows them to connect with Fido information, therefore use Fido dollars too.

Hope it clarifies a bit Smiley

Cheers

eclairds

for the last year with 3 years agreement i think the max plan is 60$
but now its start at $80 with 2years aggrement