Enabling WiFi Calling iPhone 6 Immediately Disables all Calling

Buzzmahn
I'm a Participant Level 2

Very annoyed.

When Wifi calling first became available, I added it to my wife's iPhone 6. It immediately destroyed her account (yes account... I'll explain). No calling (all calls fail, or it says the number is not in service). No data (even though she has a 6GB plan) and when trying to use data all you get is an offer to buy a data package. To say she was not pleased is an understatement. I only tried activating it due to terrible coverage near our home (1 bar if we are lucky even though the map suggests good coverage). No exaggeration - it took more than 10 HOURS on the phone with reps (over a span of a week) going though re-activating the phone, new sim card, telling me to reinstall the phone OS, travelling to a Fido store (which isn't actually staffed by Fido employees) etc. It was very annoying that Fido reps seemed to have no clue how to fix the account or get the phone to work and hoped it was some other problem (card, IOS, phone, etc.). Part of the delay was when they first attempted to rebuild the account by removing all the items and re-adding them -  they had trouble adding the 6GB data (grandfathered in) and we had to wait until the next account cycle for it to "enable" only to find out that is STILL didn't work. At least calling worked at that point. It took a good rep, finally believing me that it was a problem at Fido/Rogers, contacting a network engineer in Toronto to find out that on their end they had disabled all data on her account.

Flash forward to today. I activated Wifi calling on my phone because in over a year our service isn't any better in our area (even with a ton of new houses). Mine works fine. I stupidly added it to my wife's phone... and guess what. It does it again. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I dread having to make the hours of calls explaining over and over again that I have reset the phone, etc. when Fido can fix this in 5 minutes or less. Can a Fido rep please read the notes on our file and fix this issue ASAP? Just go right to the tech people and get the account fixed. I'll be phoning in the morning to see what is going on. What would please me immensely is to wake up and her phone is just working.

5 REPLIES 5
Unknown123
I'm a Participant Level 1

This is happening to my phone. It downloaded the wifi calling on my lg g4 and now all my calls are not going through and saying it is unassigned. Im also not getting incoming calls. Please help....the fido techs had no idea and kept telling me to shut down my phone etc. Did not work. If someone at fido can solve this issue please.

Hi @Unknown123 & welcome to the Community!

Is WiFi currently enabled on your phone? If so, have you tried disabling it?

Let me know. Smiley

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @Buzzmahn, that's a first for me, WiFi calling normally doesn't other services.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow, we'd love to know more! If anything, we can jump in, we're here to help! 

Buzzmahn
I'm a Participant Level 2

First problem with Fido already. It's 8am MDT (10 eastern) and I am told offices are still closed. On the website customer service is 9am-5pm eastern. If time zone matters, then the page should say so.  Also, my wife's account information now shows no data but phone minutes (which still don't work). Really hoping it can be fixed this morning but am not optimistic. 

Hey @Buzzmahn!

I'll send you a PM right away to look into that for you!