Economic Inducement

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Economic Inducement

I just signed a new 2year contract for a galaxy s7 edge device. I was told that the device charge would be 500 (since the rep at the store confirmed over the phone with another rep I met the max plan criteria) I signed the contract, but after words she told me that I did not qualify for the 500 pricing and had to pay 650. She made changes to the original contract via pen, and I do not remember initialing anything (at leat on my copy) Either way the price of the phone as a total  is the same. What I want to know is what pricing is correct.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Re: Economic Inducement

Hi @CGallagher the price of the phone depends on the plan you signed up for.  Do you remember which category your plan is from ?  MAX, SMART, STANDARD

Also, the pricing of S7 Edge is on fido.ca here:  http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/device-list/device-detail?PhoneSKU=S7EDBLK

You should be able to figure out the rest with that info.

[edit: typo]

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted

I called a CSR a day before I got the phone and they said that my current plan counts as a max plan. When picking up the phone at the store, the store rep confirmed with another CSR that my plan counted as a max plan. Only after I signed the contract they said my plan was not a max plan. Then she edited the contract via pen scribbles.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hi @CGallagher

If you share your current plan details (including Data options) then maybe we can figure this out.  Otherwise I don't have enough information to help you further.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @CGallagher,

I'll send you a PM to check out your plan as the pricing varies depending on what you have. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5