Early Termination Fee

Early Termination Fee

Early Termination Fee

Karo1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Early Termination Fee

Hi folks,

I was finished my plan (3 years) last July, and I have a new plan (2 years) with the same conditions, phone zero dollars and the monthly 70 dollars, this was the conclusion when I bought the new plan and new phone, yesterday I was my bill and I have to pay 710 dollars to my phone, I am really desapointed with FIDO, when I called they told me that the phone es free and now the history is different, I called and they have a real reason why I have to pay the phone,, it is late to retun the phone.. always late to the customers, so now I am really regrett to continue with FIDO, so, I dont have more than 2 months with the new contract, somebody know about the amount that I will pay to canceled? 

**Edited to add labels**

3 REPLIES 3
Karo1
I'm a Participant Level 2

HI,

I dont have an email that FIDO, never send me,,, now, I called yours and the FIDO said me that is not possibly to return the phone because the last week the warranty was finished, So, I have to cancel the plan and return the phone... please let me know about price I have to pay.. I dont want to know never about your company! fido laid me the phone was zero dollars and know I will pay.. that is really really dishonest!!

I hear what you're saying! I'll send you a PM so we can go over everything 😃

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @Karo1

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

The cost of the phone you purchase is always listed on Fido.ca, or in the email sent to you at the time of the purchase. 

If you're still covered by your Return Warranty (30 minutes of talk-time), you can return the phone within the first 15 days to the point of sale. If the phone was purchased in a Fido store, you can return the phone to that same store. If the phone was sent to you by mail, you can return the phone by using the Waybill included in the delivery box. 

Do you have a copy of the email sent to you, at the time the phone was purchased?