Dropped calls with bluetooth using LG G4

SOLVED
Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

My new LG G4 drops calls when I use it with bluetooth on the radio in my car. In the same car, my old Samsung Galaxy S4 didn't do this. Fido suggested my 5 year old SIM was causing the issue and replaced it with a new one. I don't see an improvement. Anyone else experiencing this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Dropped calls with bluetooth using LG G4

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Renolover wrote:

My new LG G4 drops calls when I use it with bluetooth on the radio in my car. In the same car, my old Samsung Galaxy S4 didn't do this. Fido suggested my 5 year old SIM was causing the issue and replaced it with a new one. I don't see an improvement. Anyone else experiencing this?

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Renolover,

Apparently, bluetooth issues are quite common with the LG G4. Most fixes I have found involve clearing the bluetooth cache (see here). Others have suggested trying Bluetooth Auto connect.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

Thank you for your help. I have looked in vain for where I can delete the bluetooth cache. I simply cannot find where to do this in spite of your instructions. It sounds like a good idea if I could only attempt it!

@Renolover wrote:

Thank you for your help. I have looked in vain for where I can delete the bluetooth cache. I simply cannot find where to do this in spite of your instructions. It sounds like a good idea if I could only attempt it!

Hello again,

Is this what you tried:

Settings --> Applications --> Application manager --> Running --> Bluetooth --> Close

But have you tried:

Settings --> Applications --> Application manager --> All --> Bluetooth --> Force Stop, Clear Data, Clear Cache

I just tried it on my S5. The first option did not have any settings to clear data/cache, but the second option did. I'm not sure if it's the same on the LG G4, but I would assume it's similar.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

I was able to delete my cache. The dropped calls frequency has decreased but still drops calls. I may have to live with it until this bug can be corrected (if it can...). Thanks for all the help.

Hey Renolover!

That's odd. Did you follow these steps:

- Turn on the LG G4
- Go to the home screen and select the app icon
- Then select on the settings icon
- Browse for the Application Manager
- Display All Tabs by swiping either right or left
- Select Bluetooth
- Select to force stop it
- Now clear the cache
- Select clear the Bluetooth data
- Select Ok
- Finally restart the LG G4

Let us know!

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Renolover wrote:

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Renolover,

Apparently, bluetooth issues are quite common with the LG G4. Most fixes I have found involve clearing the bluetooth cache (see here). Others have suggested trying Bluetooth Auto connect.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Renolover!

Not sure what would cause that.

Have you reached out to the manufacturer of the Bluetooth? Did they have any suggestions?

@1234Com Any ideas?