Double texts and error messages

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Double texts and error messages

Hello,

People have been receiving two copies of my texts for some time now and recently my texts have been going through but my phone is telling me they've failed to send. I've had this problem occasionally in the past and restarting my phone and resending the text would work. However, over the last day or so it's been almost every text I send.

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge. Would anyone have any idea what could be causing these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Double texts and error messages

Hi everyone, 

Just letting you all know that the issue is now fixed. 

Thanks so much!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 45
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Same here from Vancouver BC 

Very annoying........

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 45
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Community! 

I've updated the accepted solution on this post! We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an error message when sending an SMS but the destination party is receiving multiple SMS. Don't worry! We're working on getting this resolved ASAP.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 45
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Issue has been happening for me since last June and ever since I've reported it I've been getting calls each week or every other week from ROGERS that this issue is not resolved but will be soon. Well 2 more months will make 1 year of having these issues and 2 different phones later with no resolve and now omg worse than before... same message 20 times with an hour span. I've been more than patient... It's getting to become an annoyance I never had with any other provider. I love fido and they are (in my opinion) the best provider. Only so much a person can take. (even friends/family are getting annoyed but the multiple messages).
Thank God it's unlimited texts because I think id be broke before this issue got resolved.

Fido I cannot express how much I would love this issue to be resolved now and not in another year, as this is my deal breaker for being with a service provider, paying for a service that is not reliable ( yes I have experienced some dropped calls too unsire if this is related or not. 1 year is more than enough time to figure this issue that seems to be a network wide issue.

***Edited title***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 45
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @illusion87

Both issues are not related, I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to look at your case. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 45
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@jsmleung88 I've moved your post to this thread since you seem to be experiencing similar issues.

We're working on getting this resolved asap!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 45
Highlighted

mine is still doing it today

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 45
Highlighted

Still having the same issue as everyone in this thread. This has to be resolved asap fido! Thanks.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 45
Highlighted

Hi  Brigitte, 

I am also having issues again with the double texting and error messages. 

It just started and this is annoying and ridiculous. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 45
Highlighted

Update: my SMS situation has gotten worst. I can't even send messages out anymore. I would press the resend button multiple times and now it will not even go through! OMG!!!!!!!! when will this be resolved? This is getting ridiculous.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 45
Highlighted

I have the same problem, my contacts are getting my text messages 6+ times and it says failed on my side. This is unacceptable to have this problem for this long. I work in a professional setting and this is hindering me from doing my job properly.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 45