Double texts and error messages

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

People have been receiving two copies of my texts for some time now and recently my texts have been going through but my phone is telling me they've failed to send. I've had this problem occasionally in the past and restarting my phone and resending the text would work. However, over the last day or so it's been almost every text I send.

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge. Would anyone have any idea what could be causing these issues? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: Double texts and error messages

Solved by Moderator

Hi everyone, 

Just letting you all know that the issue is now fixed. 

Thanks so much!

View solution in context
44 REPLIES 44
I'm a Participant Level 2

iPhone 6s
And it started the other last week.
Started to use WhatsApp due to the issue.

Thank you for the information @ME3Po.

Can you confirm if you had the chance to reboot the phone at some point over the last few days and testing the SMS function? 

Let us know if you're still having issues with your messaging service after the reboot and we'll send you a PM to take a closer look into this with you! 

I can't remember when I have last rebooted my phone.
I have been trying to avoid using SMS lately though. It's seems random when it does the double texts

Hey @ME3Po !

We'll have to check and see if there's still an issue to know if it needs to be fixed. Let us know once you give that a try! 

Keep us posted!

mine is still doing it today

This happened April 10th and now it's happening again on April 11th. This is quite frustrating and all I keep hearing is " we're getting it resolved". Unfortunately, it has yet to be fixed.

I'm a Contributor Level 1

Not for me. Ready to return phone soon

I am still having this issue.  I am from Toronto, Ontario.

I have been receiving "failed to send" for every text I send out.

The person I am sending them to has been receiving them though.... in duplicate or sometimes triplicate.

I have had this issue before and it is quite annoying. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy s6

Hi @Community! 

I've updated the accepted solution on this post! We're aware that some of our customers are experiencing an error message when sending an SMS but the destination party is receiving multiple SMS. Don't worry! We're working on getting this resolved ASAP.

Issue has been happening for me since last June and ever since I've reported it I've been getting calls each week or every other week from ROGERS that this issue is not resolved but will be soon. Well 2 more months will make 1 year of having these issues and 2 different phones later with no resolve and now omg worse than before... same message 20 times with an hour span. I've been more than patient... It's getting to become an annoyance I never had with any other provider. I love fido and they are (in my opinion) the best provider. Only so much a person can take. (even friends/family are getting annoyed but the multiple messages).
Thank God it's unlimited texts because I think id be broke before this issue got resolved.

Fido I cannot express how much I would love this issue to be resolved now and not in another year, as this is my deal breaker for being with a service provider, paying for a service that is not reliable ( yes I have experienced some dropped calls too unsire if this is related or not. 1 year is more than enough time to figure this issue that seems to be a network wide issue.

***Edited title***

Hi @illusion87

Both issues are not related, I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to look at your case. 

I tried messaging Fido through Facebook, but support seems to have stopped answering there. I got one generic response, and now I've been waiting for a reply for 2.5 hours - and all of my messages since then have been ignored.

Anyway. As of 3 or so hours ago, every text I try to send says "Failed", but ends up going through as many as 5 times for each reattempt. Even trying to text myself, it shows "failed", then it takes upwards of half an hour for the text to go through - then I get it half a dozen times.

I've seen posts here and on Facebook that are WEEKS and WEEKS old, describing the same issue. The last thing any rep has said is "it's fixed!", which obviously isn't the case.

What is going on, and when will this be resolved?

***Edited title***

I'm having some issue with my SMS. Every time I send a text message to someone, I'll get (!) beside my message indicating that it's unsent. So I will press resend a couple of times until it confirms. When I check with the receiver of my text message, they tell me my message was actually sent to them multiple times. I've tried to restart my phone many many times already and it's still not working.

***Edited title***

Update: my SMS situation has gotten worst. I can't even send messages out anymore. I would press the resend button multiple times and now it will not even go through! OMG!!!!!!!! when will this be resolved? This is getting ridiculous.

I have the same problem, my contacts are getting my text messages 6+ times and it says failed on my side. This is unacceptable to have this problem for this long. I work in a professional setting and this is hindering me from doing my job properly.

As a user stated earlier, here is a temporary fix until food gets their ads in gear. It worked for me instantly and can text normally now. Props to Mattfarc

Re: Double texts and error messages [ New ]
I was able to fix the issue by deactivating the VoLTE (Voice over LTE) functionnality on my Samsung S7 Edge through the native Calling App settings... The issue started this afternoon (April 11th) for me and was severly affecting my ability to send text messages and even more severly annoying all my friends I'd been flooding of my failed SMS...

Fido gets in gear...sorry autocorrect

***Edited***

Hello,

I keep receiving the same text messages at least 10 times in a row. Also, when I try to send a text message, I get an error message but the correspondent receives it multiple times. I have an iPhone 6s Plus. What am I supposed to do to get rid of this problem? 

Hey @FA12

I moved your post to this thread as you'll find the answer to your question Smiley

We're aware of this and we're working on resolving it ASAP! 

@jsmleung88 I've moved your post to this thread since you seem to be experiencing similar issues.

We're working on getting this resolved asap!

I'm a Contributor Level 1

Wishing to advise Fido that it is not resolved for everyone. I will make my own post about it.