Does Wi-Fi calling work in hotspots?

SOLVED
WickyLeBlond
I'm Qualified Level 1

I was wondering if anyone knew if Wi-Fi calling worked when you are connected to a hotspot? (As in, the kind of wifi connection that opens a web page and you have to enter a username and password like in many hotels) I'm transferring my BB Torch on my Fido line next month and I'd like to make sure it works.

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Wi-Fi calling work in hotspots?

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2
Hi WickyLeBlond,

The Nokia 6301 does NOT work with a Hotspot like the one you are referring to, typically called a Data Valet Page, etc. typically found in Hotels, etc.

But I have had success with my RIM 8520 Curve using a hotel's Wi-Fi connection and logging in to a hotel data valet hotspot. There was the odd hotel that I could not sign in to, but most of them worked on the 8520.
View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Hi WickyLeBlond,

The Nokia 6301 does NOT work with a Hotspot like the one you are referring to, typically called a Data Valet Page, etc. typically found in Hotels, etc.

But I have had success with my RIM 8520 Curve using a hotel's Wi-Fi connection and logging in to a hotel data valet hotspot. There was the odd hotel that I could not sign in to, but most of them worked on the 8520.