Does Fido have a tab system?

SOLVED
shan--
I'm a Participant Level 2

If I got a $75 medium plan, would my plan drop down to $60 after 24 months?

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Fido have a tab system?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hey Shan--

The plan doesn't automatically changes at the end of the agreement. 

Once the agreement ends you can keep the plan as is if you plan on taking a new phone or change it to a Bring Your Own Phone offer. 

Hope that helps Smiley 

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
patrickchan
I'm Experienced Level 1

you have two options

1: call in after 24 months and get loyality department to get you better deal

2: pay out the cancelation of the contract and then talk to loyality department to get better deal

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Shan--,

As FidoPamela mentioned, Fido's plans incorporate the phone subsidy into the small, medium, etc plans. At the end of your contract, the subsidy remains as a part of your plan should you wish to get another phone. While you are certainly able to switch to a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) plan (ie no subsidy), you should note that you will have to take a BYOP plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch. That is, the plan details of an in-market BYOP plan (after 2 years) may or may not include the details of your current subsidised plan.

Similarly, if you later decide you wish to subsidise a phone after switching to a BYOP plan, you would have to take a subsidised plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch. Again, the plan details of that plan may or may not include the details of your previous subsidised plan (or 'current' BYOP plan).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey Shan--

The plan doesn't automatically changes at the end of the agreement. 

Once the agreement ends you can keep the plan as is if you plan on taking a new phone or change it to a Bring Your Own Phone offer. 

Hope that helps Smiley