Disgusted

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Disgusted

Disgusted

SOLVED
prumble12
I'm a Participant Level 1

Disgusted

I've been with Fido now for close to 8 years. I've always made my payment on time, and have been completely loyal in wanting to stay with this provider in highly recommending them over this duration of time. However, over this past week I've never been so discussed at a company. To take you back a week ago today, I had to change my plan because of it reverting back to some of its old features from my old plan, due to limited time given on a data upgrade. Upon changing my plan, I had considered including a phone into the plan in going under a 2 year contract. I did have some idea of the phone I was looking at prior if this choice was made, as I had been without contract in owning my own phone. The lady I spoke to last Friday told me about some of the various plans and phones they had.. She had mentioned the iPhone, however in my knowledge of them being pretty expensive even within a plan I hadn't considered it an option. She had told me under a medium size plan the phone would be $0 to which I'd only see the activation fee along with the months bill (this information was correct and went ahead with it). I told here I've never owned an iPhone before, so you'd think, there would have been mention that if your using iMessage, data or wifi must be enabled (that part was missed). I found this out online a day after, to which sms must be checked off in being turn on in the settings menu to receive the ordinary txt message. There was also another extremely important piece of information that was never mentioned at the time of this plan change, which I found out exactly a week after ownership to this phone (this I'll mention in a little bit). During the first two days of use, my phone would send out txt when data or wifi was on, however, if I was only using sms as sending and receiving not all incoming txts were received. One of the ways I found to resolve this in receiving my lost txt, was by turning the phone off and back on. This past Monday I called Fido to let them know of this issue, which was documented in my file if the problem persisted or got worse. I was told by the gentleman at Fido over the phone on Monday not to worry, and just let them know over the course of week on how it goes, to which nothing futher in regards to any issue for exchange given that it's within 15 days as part of the customer satisfaction guarantee. Over the course of Tuesday to Thursday I had made one call going out and received another, both were to and from landlines where people were saying either they could not hear me well, or that I was cutting out. On Thursday evening when I got home from work, I called Fido yet again to let them know about this issue I was now facing, and still the persisting one from earlier in the week where I had made the call to Fido. The lady I spoke to from Fido over the phone said, it sounds like you may have got a lemon and it may be in your best interest as part of our customer satisfaction guarantee, to return the phone to the exact location of store you got it from tomorrow (September 8th) where either you can have the phone exchanged, or see if an android phone is possibly a better fit for you, since there was some lack of information on our end provided to you in you specifying this being your first iPhone, which she apologized for. So today September 8th, I did as she asked and mentioned, and took the phone back to the store with everything that came included with it. I relayed this information to the gentleman at the Fido store of my conversations that took place over the phone this past week to Fido. I found this gentleman to be rude, and lack any care to resolve this problem in having to repeat and emphasis what its been like having this phone over the course of the week. The gentleman finally opened my account page on his computer screen in telling me that because I'm a few minutes over on this apparent capped time, we here at Fido can't do anything for you - WHAT!?!?! First off in three (3) different conversations - first one when I got the phone and plan **remember earlier that very important piece of information was left out to me, well there it is** 2nd conversation on Monday to Fido on the phone in the gentleman knowing the phone may be going back for exchange, had said nothing about this cap on minutes to me and to be cautious - and 3rd conversation on Thursday with the lady from Fido over the phone nothing was said there neither. I said, to the gentleman at the Fido store today, ok so I'm a few minutes over on something I had no knowledge on because no one on your side told me, nor did the paper work I brought home last Friday indicate, on top of the fact I don't know if something isn't going to work if I can't use it!!! So please tell me how I'm suppose to know these things if you (Fido) don't tell me as well!?!?! I can't google or look up what I'm not aware of!! He gave me 2 options. First one go to the Apple store and have them resolve it, or yes you can break the contract, though it would be costly doing so. However, we here at Fido can't do anything further for you. Well I guess being a loyal customer for 8 years means absolutely nothing, thanks Fido!!! So I call Apple and they tell me that they will not exchange it, but would set up an appointment with a genus for an inspection and repair of the phone costing a fee. WHAT!?!? I'VE HAD THIS PHONE A WEEK, I'VE CALLED FIDO TO LET THEM KNOW OF THE ISSUES I'M DEALING WITH AT FIRST NOTICE (ALL DOCUMENTED OVER THE PHONE), I'M UNDER A 2 YEAR CONTRACT WHERE IT'S TECHNICALLY NOT EVEN MY PHONE YET!!!!! So as it stands I have a phone that half works, no one at Fido apparently gives a **bleep**, and I'm under a 2 year contract for something I've owned for a week, with information that should have been provided that never was, and now I have to run around the city to an Apple store to fix it out of my pocket and time given!?!?! 

Accepted Solution

Re: Disgusted

Solved by Moderator

Hey @prumble12 and welcome to the Community.

I took the time to read your story here and I have to say that I wouldn't be happy either.

It seems that you had trouble with this phone since you started since you purchased it.

You do have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for your device if anything happens. And the 15 days satisfaction warranty would normally be the on of the 1st information we give you when you buy a new device.

That's not the experience that we want for any of our customer and I would like to look at the situation with you.

I'm sending you a PM now to go over this. Talk to you soon.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoKenny

Hey @prumble12 and welcome to the Community.

I took the time to read your story here and I have to say that I wouldn't be happy either.

It seems that you had trouble with this phone since you started since you purchased it.

You do have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for your device if anything happens. And the 15 days satisfaction warranty would normally be the on of the 1st information we give you when you buy a new device.

That's not the experience that we want for any of our customer and I would like to look at the situation with you.

I'm sending you a PM now to go over this. Talk to you soon.