Discover Spotify Premium

Discover Spotify Premium

Discover Spotify Premium

FidoStephen
Community Manager

Discover Spotify Premium

Hey everyone,

Looking to activate your new Spotify Premium account? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get hooked up if you became eligible for this offer on or after October 25, 2017. If you became eligible prior to October 25, click here.

STEP 1
You’ll get a text message with a link that has a promo code embedded into it. It’ll take up to 48h after your plan is active to get it. Don’t want to wait for the text? Just log into My Account on Fido.ca to get your promo code. Click on the link and follow the instructions to activate the offer on Spotify’s website. They’ll ask you for a credit card or PayPal account.

STEP 2

If you’re a first-time Spotify Premium user, follow the instructions on Spotify’s website.

Once the registration for Spotify is complete, you’ll get a confirmation page with links to your phone’s app store to download the app.

STEP 3

Enjoy!

FAQs

How do I download the Spotify Premium app?

Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and download the Spotify app. It’s that simple!

I had Spotify Premium in the past, so why doesn’t my Spotify username qualify for the 6 months offer?

This offer won’t work with a Spotify username that had Spotify Premium membership in the past. In order to keep providing our customers with new and innovative value added services that keep them connected to their passions, we want to show you something new.

Why does Spotify need my credit card or PayPal information?

During the activation process, you will be asked to provide your credit card or PayPal information.  No charges will be billed until the 6 months is up. When your promotional offer has expired, Spotify will charge you $9.99/month. To cancel your paid subscription, you must visit Spotify.com.

How will I know when the 6 months of Spotify Premium expires?

National (except Quebec): After the first 6 months, Spotify will charge $9.99 per month for the Premium subscription to the method of payment you chose during sign-up. You can manage (i.e. cancel) your Premium subscription in Spotify’s app or on their website anytime.

Quebec only: At the end of the promo period, you will get a message from Spotify asking you to upgrade to Spotify Premium. If you accept, you’ll continue with Spotify Premium. If you don’t accept or you don’t answer, you’ll automatically switch to the free version of Spotify once your 6 months are up.

If I change price plans or cancel my service with Fido, do I lose my 6 months of Spotify Premium? Nope! You will continue to enjoy Spotify Premium in all of its glory until your 6 months has expired.

Can I use Spotify Premium on devices other than my phone?

Absolutely! You can listen to music on your phone, tablet, computer, and even some smart TV’s. How awesome is that? You can also check out spotify.com for a list of supported devices and compatibility.

Will streaming music on my Spotify Premium app use the data included in my plan?

Yes – streaming music will use the data included in your plan. An hour of streaming uses approximately 1MB/minute – that’s about 17 hours of music per GB of data.

If you have any other questions, check out the Apps board!

-FidoStephen

0 REPLIES 0