Disconnect my connection

Disconnect my connection

Disconnect my connection

SOLVED
bunnydhaliwal
I'm a Participant Level 1

Disconnect my connection

I bought $60 plan two weeks ago but i want to disconnect my number permanently. What should i do? Will i have to pay any penalty?

Accepted Solution

Re: Disconnect my connection

Solved by MVP MVP

Hello @bunnydhaliwal,

Do you plan on keeping the number? Maybe to use with another provider? If you are keeping the number and taking it to another provider you must first register with the other provider then let them know you want to port your number from Fido and they will transfer your number over. 

When that is done it will automatically cancel your Fido account and Fido will send you your final bill.

If you do not want to keep the number then you can just contact customer service and they can cancel the account.

If your plan is a BYOP plan then you will not incur any fees, if you are currently in a contract then you will have to pay off the balance owning.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @bunnydhaliwal,

Do you plan on keeping the number? Maybe to use with another provider? If you are keeping the number and taking it to another provider you must first register with the other provider then let them know you want to port your number from Fido and they will transfer your number over. 

When that is done it will automatically cancel your Fido account and Fido will send you your final bill.

If you do not want to keep the number then you can just contact customer service and they can cancel the account.

If your plan is a BYOP plan then you will not incur any fees, if you are currently in a contract then you will have to pay off the balance owning.