Disappointed in Fido, too poor to Change Providers

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Disappointed in Fido, too poor to Change Providers

When I first signed up two years ago at a Fido kiosk in a nearby mall, I was told that my Fido rewards were redeemable for phones and accessories once I'd built up some credit with them.

Now that it's ending, I got excited to trade in some of my 'rewards'. Thought the Sony Smartband looked cool.

I'm a little upset to have just learned that the $75 I've accumulated in 'rewards' is useless as far as accessories is concerned, and I'm not interested in paying $300-$700 for a phone only to have $75 taken off. It's not something I can afford or feel is necessary.

So in other words, my 'rewards points' are useless. I remember when companies set out to please their customers, not screw them over with limited options sewn into a consumer-wide program.

But I can't switch providers because you guys are all I can afford for an actually decent cell phone.

Not really happy with you guys right now. I'll remember to steer people away from you guys in the future because of stuff like this. It's a cash game with everybody right now. If you don't make a trillion dollars gauging your customers and not giving back occasionally, you can't stay on top of the game, right?

See you in July when I need to upgrade, I guess.

** Edited to add labels ** 

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappointed in Fido, too poor to Change Providers

Hey hdja18! 

It's unfortunate that you feel that way! There's a lot that you can use your FidoDOLLARS for such as: 

-Phone upgrades

-Sim cards

-Prepaid airtime (if you have a prepaid account)

-Travel pack

-Certain add-ons for a trial period

Check out this link for more details here!

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: Disappointed in Fido, too poor to Change Providers

Hey hdja18! 

It's unfortunate that you feel that way! There's a lot that you can use your FidoDOLLARS for such as: 

-Phone upgrades

-Sim cards

-Prepaid airtime (if you have a prepaid account)

-Travel pack

-Certain add-ons for a trial period

Check out this link for more details here!

Hope this helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2