Device protection let down

SOLVED
fidoadvocate
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was an avid advocate of Fido. I would wonder why customers that where bad with phones didnt have device protection, that was until I had to deal with asurion personally. I missed my 30 day claim window ( dont worry if you have device protection, you wont be told this by Fido reps, or asruiob reps for that matter). Basically you have 30days after an incident to make a claim, I missed that window and now im "out of luck" according to the Fido rep, and the asurion rep. Now I am the one that looks stupid for having device protection I should have used all the money i was willing to put into device protection into buying a phone off kijiji. I am so upset I used to work for a phone company and I used to sell this product to customers, I am seriously having an anxeity attack thinking about what ive done to all these people who thought they were protected. Either way the miss communication will cost me 297$ to byout and 200$ for my new device. after paying asurion/fido $110 in monthly fees for this "protection service". Just a word to the wise asurion wont help you and Fido wont help you, on top of that they wanted me to pay $200 for a refurbished phone that was before they denied my claim. This service is a scam, and i feel terrible that i sold this to unsuspecting people.

make sure you read the fine print for asurion, I wouldnt recommend it.

Accepted Solution

Re: Device protection let down

Solved by Moderator

Hey fidoadvocate and welcome to the Community.

Sorry to see you had that experience with your phone. Your feedback is appreciated.

If you need any information about the device protection, you can take a look at our community blog here.

If you need any assistance with your account concerning your upgrade options, don't hesitate to contact us through Facebook or Twitter Smiley

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoKenny

Hey fidoadvocate and welcome to the Community.

Sorry to see you had that experience with your phone. Your feedback is appreciated.

If you need any information about the device protection, you can take a look at our community blog here.

If you need any assistance with your account concerning your upgrade options, don't hesitate to contact us through Facebook or Twitter Smiley