Device Upgrade with Existing Plan - Broken?

SOLVED
nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Hello fellow members,

I have run into a technical issue as of recent when I attempt to upgrade to a new device on Fido.ca. The website does not allow me to use my existing grandfathered plan; the "Keep Existing Plan" still appears but when I click it, the full device cost ($599) appears and the Plan10,15,25,35 "slider" button is broken. In this case, I am attempting to upgrade to the iPhone SE 16GB on my grandfathered Smart plan which is considered Plus10 pricing. A month ago, the website worked and displayed the correct device cost of $349 under my existing Plus10 plan. This technical issue occurs on both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Please see the screenshot below where I have clicked the "Keep existing plan" option, it displays the full device cost $599, and the blue slider button is all misaligned. Also, noticed how TALK, TEXT, and DATA plan details all say "Not Included" which is wrong.

Fido Upgrade iPhone SE Existing Plan Error.jpg

Accepted Solution

Re: Device Upgrade with Existing Plan - Broken?

Solved by Moderator

Hey @nick67,

Thanks for flagging this to us! I'll make sure to send it to the right team to get it fixed!

As for the upgrade in the meantime, I'll send you a PM so we can help you out Smiley

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoClaudia

Hey @nick67,

Thanks for flagging this to us! I'll make sure to send it to the right team to get it fixed!

As for the upgrade in the meantime, I'll send you a PM so we can help you out Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thanks Claudia for forwarding this to the technical team. I'm not ready to upgrade my device just yet; I simply check how much the iPhone SE is periodically and the current promotions offered.

However, I do have a question regarding trading in my old iPhone 5S 16GB with FidoTrade. The current promotion is $100 BONUS on top of my device quote of $80 resulting in a total $180 trade-in value. How does this get applied to my upgrade? For example, the iPhone SE 16GB is $349 keeping my existing Smart plan (Plus10). So then my device cost becomes 349-180=$169 plus any taxes, minus FidoDollars, etc? The part that confuses me is FidoTrade states my device trade-in credit will appear in 2-3 statement cycles.

Hey @nick67,

My pleasure!

I'll be happy to clarify that for you Smiley 

As you mentioned, the Trade In credit is applied either on the 2nd or 3rd bill following the upgrade. Therefore, the phone will be charged first on the bill coming out after the upgrade. 

The price of the phone is charged as follows:

Price of the phone after subsidy + taxes - FidoDOLLARS

Then on the 2nd or 3rd following bill we would adjust the $80 for the Trade In and the $100 bonus. 

Just a quick reminder though that our promos can change at any time and without any notice.

If you have any questions about this, I'm right here Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Any particular reason why Fido doesn't apply the device trade directly on my first bill along side wth my new phone handset cost? Because I plan for pay off my first bill in full and then on my 2nd or 3rd invoice I will get a huge trade-in credit and have an "overpaid" account for months.

Also, when I trade-in my device, I assume Fido provides me with paperwork of my trade-in because essentially I'm giving you my old phone and receiving $0 for it upfront. Do you see what I'm getting at?

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@nick67 It takes time for the store to inform the team that handles the trade-in credit about the transaction. We need to valid everything is in order before we can apply the credit. 

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

Thanks @FidoClaudia and @FidoTerry for all your assistance. I successfully traded in my old phone and upgraded to a new one in-store today with no surprises.

You're very welcome @nick67

Happy it all went smoothly Smiley