Device Protection - Water Damage??

SOLVED
ana000
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello Fido,

I have an iPhone 6s then I accidently dropped in water and is now damaged and can not use it.  I have "Fido Device Protection" in which I pay $11/month for.  Now I'm wondering if I'm covered and can receive a new iPhone 6s (not something else), which I know I'll have to pay $200.  Also, are there any exclusions from coverage in regards to water damage?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Device Protection - Water Damage??

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @ana000 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read that your phone isn't working anymore. Sad Good thing you have the device protection though!

The device protection does indeed cover this type of damage. Just be sure to file your claim within 30 days of the incident. You can do so by going here, by calling Asurion at 1-866-327-3399, or by selecting 3 in our self-serve menu by phone.

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

It should not be a problem the device protection is just for cases like this but you should read the device protection policy that you signed when you got it for the full details just to make sure.

Hi @ana000 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read that your phone isn't working anymore. Sad Good thing you have the device protection though!

The device protection does indeed cover this type of damage. Just be sure to file your claim within 30 days of the incident. You can do so by going here, by calling Asurion at 1-866-327-3399, or by selecting 3 in our self-serve menu by phone.

Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley