Device Protection Plan

Device Protection Plan

Device Protection Plan

SOLVED
vbemiy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Device Protection Plan

I have to say that this device plan is a waste of money. From the explanation that the agents provided, you are suppose to be covered when something goes wrong with the device. now that i actually needed the use of it, after making payments each month for almost 2 years. I was told that I can only replace my device for an additional fee of $210. If the protection does not provide any other coverage than the replacing your device for another amount that should be communicated to us. I am extremely disppointed in Fido. after being with the same company for 15 whole years, each year seem to bring more and more letdowns but this one has been a big one and the service that I was given was not good at all. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Device Protection Plan

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi there @vbemiy

We'd definitely be sad to see you go because of this Sad

Just to clarify: when a customer signs-up to the Device Protection Service, we send them a "Welcome Kit" by email with all the details, 48h-72h following the activation of the service. 

We also provide all the details about the Device Protection service on Fido.ca HERE  

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page & then click on "See Full Details:, you'll be able to review the Terms & Conditions. 

To be fair, we expect all our customers to familiarize themselves with the information provided to them (by mail, email, etc.)

I hope this helped explain where to find the information concerning that specific program.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@vbemiy I've seen this countless times people buy the protection plan not knowing there is a deductible you have to pay once you make a claim because the sales person that sells it does not let the customer know. Once you take the protection plan (insurance) its actually in the terms of the agreement which no one ever reads. 

Fido is just a third party in all of this they just sell the plans for the insurance company, once you want to make a claim its all between you and the insurance company Fido has no say in it.

vbemiy

that is fair but shouldn't Fido then make sure that its agents are providing accurate information to its customers. We put our trust in you (fido) to provide us a good and trusting service. Right now, you are putting the blame onto others as oppose to trying to fix an issue; even if it is by a little bit. I would rather look into cancelling my service with Fido after 15 years rather than be told off that the issue is my fault for not reading the fine prints.

Hi there @vbemiy

We'd definitely be sad to see you go because of this Sad

Just to clarify: when a customer signs-up to the Device Protection Service, we send them a "Welcome Kit" by email with all the details, 48h-72h following the activation of the service. 

We also provide all the details about the Device Protection service on Fido.ca HERE  

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page & then click on "See Full Details:, you'll be able to review the Terms & Conditions. 

To be fair, we expect all our customers to familiarize themselves with the information provided to them (by mail, email, etc.)

I hope this helped explain where to find the information concerning that specific program.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

vbemiy

I would like to cancel this protective plan for one thing... I am presently looking into other options for the providers... 

I understand! I'll send you a PM to help with removing the service.