Device Protection Plan

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Device Protection Plan

Device Protection Plan

SOLVED
checkandmate
I'm a Participant Level 2

Device Protection Plan

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help me out. Im posting to ask for clarification on my device protection plan. I have been paying the $7.00 device protection fee on my bill since August of 2014 with the understanding that this would provide me with repair or reimbursement of my phone if it were to get cracked or broken.

I recently called regarding my cracked screen and the csr didnt know very much about the protection plan at all but referred me to Asurion who he said would repair my device. While on the phone with them, the lady informed me that the fee for the new phone would be $163 and change. Obviously this shocked me, as even my upgrade fee at this point is much lower than that ($62.50).

Can anyone help me to  advise as to what the plan actually protects? As it seems as i have been paying the $7 a month for no actual reason. As my contract expires in a few months, this has obviously soured my taste at this time. Can I please get a response on the policy and why exactly i am being asked to pay so much for a phone (blackberry q5) that, brand new, is not worth a fraction of $163. Thanks.

*** Sorry if I seem sour above. I originally typed this into the live chat topic and copied and pasted it here. Please help. As I'm fairly annoyed by this process. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Device Protection Plan

Solved by Moderator

Hey checkandmate! 

The Fido Device Protection is meant to offer you an additional coverage from your standard warranty by also covering physical and liquid damage.There is indeed a replacement fee however that varies from phone to phone when you need to file a claim. The replacement fee is much less than the cost of replacing the phone outright. This information is sent to you by mail when you first subscribe to the service in a welcome kit. You can see more details on how the Fido Device Protection works right here

I hope this was helpful. Smiley

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
FidoPierre

Hey checkandmate! 

The Fido Device Protection is meant to offer you an additional coverage from your standard warranty by also covering physical and liquid damage.There is indeed a replacement fee however that varies from phone to phone when you need to file a claim. The replacement fee is much less than the cost of replacing the phone outright. This information is sent to you by mail when you first subscribe to the service in a welcome kit. You can see more details on how the Fido Device Protection works right here

I hope this was helpful. Smiley

checkandmate
I'm a Participant Level 2

The replacement fee is not less than the cost of replacing the phone. That is an incorrect statement Pierre. This phone can be purchased for <$100 at this point.

Needless to say, the ineptitude of the CSR in combination with the sheer stupidity of this "device protection" plan will negatively effect my business moving forward. I appreciate the response though. 

Cheers!