Details of $40/4gb plan

Details of $40/4gb plan

Details of $40/4gb plan

Aldel
I'm a Participant Level 1

Details of $40/4gb plan

Hi
I got the 4gb 40$ promotion that was on a few months back.. I'm in BC and calling is unlimited province wide. I was wondering how the plan works.. Here are some questions I have, please feel free to add info I've not asked about though!...

If I'm outside of BC say in Ontario, would my calling be to BC only?

Can I roam across Canada with my other services (data, text)?

Can I connect to extended network in BC (leaving data roaming on)?

Same question as above but outside of BC?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Aldel,

Welcome to the community!

@Aldel wrote:
If I'm outside of BC say in Ontario, would my calling be to BC only?

Firstly, it's helpful to think in terms of local calling area (LCA) vs long-distance (LD) calling. It's also helpful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing calls.

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you’re standing.

Since you live in BC and your plan has province-wide calling, then BC is your incoming LCA. Any calls received while within BC would be considered local. If you're physically in BC, then it is also your outgoing LCA. Any calls made within BC to anywhere in BC would also be considered local. Since your plan has unlimited province-wide calling, those calls would be included. Included minutes.

Making a call within BC to a number out of province would be considered LD. Long-distance plus airtime.

If you're outside of BC, say in Ontario, calling any number that is local to your physical location at the time the call is placed, is a local call. Airtime.

What I'm not sure about is whether all of Ontario would be considered your outgoing LCA (because your plan is province-wide) or only within your general location. Perhaps a moderator could clarify please?

Calling BC while physically in Ontario would be considered LD. Long-distance plus airtime.

All incoming calls while physically outside of BC would be considered LD since your incoming LCA is still BC. Long-distance plus airtime.

@Aldel wrote:
Can I roam across Canada with my other services (data, text)?

Yes, there are no Canadian location limitations using either of those services. Both data and text are Canada-wide.

@Aldel wrote:
Can I connect to extended network in BC (leaving data roaming on)?

Same question as above but outside of BC?

Assuming the plan qualifies for extended coverge usage, then yes you can connect to the extended network anywhere in Canada. You should be aware that the use of extended coverage is only meant on a temporary basis. Perhaps a moderator could verify whether that plan qualifies.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hi @Aldel!

Welcome to the Community!

I'll take a closer look at your plan to make sure of all the features you might have!

I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to access your account. 

elmoboy
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hi Aldel,

I believe is:

Outside BC is LD call (Canada rate 0.55/min) Calling outside BC or NOT calling in BC even to BC number.

Data and text is Canada wide (Unlimited text to Can, US and Internation wireless number)

Yes, extended network in BC calling, out of BC is LD

Data Roaming is out of Canada(Fido network)

· Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, US & International numbers
· Call Display
· Mini Voicemail
· Circle Calling
· Call Waiting

1000 international minutes to Australia, Bangladesh, China, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico and UK