Destroyed Phone

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Destroyed Phone

Destroyed Phone

SOLVED
Dyceman
I'm a Participant Level 1

Destroyed Phone

I was wondering, does Fido cut customers any slack when a customers phone is destroyed before thier agreement isfinished? Thanks for your time

Accepted Solution

Re: Destroyed Phone

Solved by Former Moderator FidoSamantha

Good morning Dyceman! 

Welcome to the community Smiley 

Sorry to hear about your phone. For situations like this, we have the device protection service . It covers damage that the manufacturer's warranty doesn't and offers a replacement Smiley The replacement fee ranges from $25, $80, $120 or $200, depending on the phone model you have. 

If you don't have the device protection service, then the repair costs are at your own expense since physical damage isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty. 

Depending on how long you have left on your agreement, it might be a good idea to buy out so you can get a new phone with a new Tab24 agreement! 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your options Smiley 

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
KAPABLE-K
MVP

I guess it would all depends how long into the term are you, the type of plan and what new phone you would need.

Good morning Dyceman! 

Welcome to the community Smiley 

Sorry to hear about your phone. For situations like this, we have the device protection service . It covers damage that the manufacturer's warranty doesn't and offers a replacement Smiley The replacement fee ranges from $25, $80, $120 or $200, depending on the phone model you have. 

If you don't have the device protection service, then the repair costs are at your own expense since physical damage isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty. 

Depending on how long you have left on your agreement, it might be a good idea to buy out so you can get a new phone with a new Tab24 agreement! 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your options Smiley