Delayed Texts/Failed Texts

revans417
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm new to Fido, was previously with B#LL and never had issues sending/receiving texts with my S7 Edge.  Supposedly the Fido network where I live should be very good LTE but there are numerous times when I get failed text message errors and delayed texts back, sometimes hours long in delay.  Also, it shows that I'm roaming from time to time.  Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

Thanks

Ryan

11 REPLIES 11
FidoSaira

Thanks for the info Smiley

The area is within our coverage, so we need to determine if this is caused by the SIM card or the device.

Is it possible to try a different Fido SIM card in your phone? (One you can borrow from a family or friend).

revans417

I can use my girlfriend's Roger's SIM since it's the same network, other than that, no.

Can you test that out and keep us posted if the same thing happens? @revans417

revans417

I tried using my gf's Roger's SIM and I get the same network coverage of around 1-2 bars.  Her S7 from Rogers gets around the same coverage of 1-3 bars.  I was in Oshawa over the weekend and had my FIDO SIM in my phone and got perfect coverage of full bars and no issues whatsoever.  Perhaps it's poor coverage just in my neighbourhood and work location (5 KM away from my house) in Kingston.

I'm going to send you a PM so we can further look into your issue and come to a resolution or at the very least, a better understanding of where the issue comes from.

revans417

Ok

See you there Smiley 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @revans417 ,

Welcome to the Community! 

This definitely shouldn't be happening!

Do you experience this in specific places? 

Do you have the latest sofware on your device? 

Let us know! 

revans417

Hello, yes my phone is updated to the latest version of android.  It happens at my house and work.  I'm located in Kingston, ON.

Thanks for the update!

It seems to happen mostly indoors from what I'm understanding?

Do yo have a good reception at home and at your work? How many bars of signal do you normally get?

revans417

I typically don't get very good reception for whatever reason.  At home I get 2 bars and I get 1 bar at work.  With my previous provider I got 4-5 bars consistently at both.