Delayed/Out of order text messages

SOLVED
KarenCatts
I'm a Participant Level 1

For the last year+ there has been an ongoing issue where I will be texting with someone and I recieve duplicate text messages and/or out of order text messages. According to the people I'm talking to, they are recieving the same thing from me. 

I've read that this is an issue for many, many fido customers. I'm just looking to see if there is any solution? It makes it impossible to have a conversation via text and has me considering switching to another provider...

This happened on my previous phone, my currenty LG G4 and to my boyfriend on his LG G5 

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Delayed/Out of order text messages

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @KarenCatts & welcome to the Community!

I completely understand how frustrating this can be. I can assure you that we do have a special task force from our network & engineering teams investigating to resolve this issue with urgency.

In the mean time, I will log a ticket on your account detailing the symptoms you are experiencing; I'll send you a PM.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
ghieanne023
I'm a Participant Level 1

Most of the time when I am texting with someone, I receive the message very late. There are also duplicate messages.  What can I do about it? please help me! Thanks!

Welcome to the Community @ghieanne023

Did you check your internal storage to make sure there's enough room to receive all your messages?

You can also clean up your sms history to delete older messages.

Keep us posted!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @KarenCatts & welcome to the Community!

I completely understand how frustrating this can be. I can assure you that we do have a special task force from our network & engineering teams investigating to resolve this issue with urgency.

In the mean time, I will log a ticket on your account detailing the symptoms you are experiencing; I'll send you a PM.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

drgrittani1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm experiencing these same issues on an unlocked LG G4, it just started happening in the last month.  Was this resolved?

Hi @drgrittani1!

Did it start happening after you changed phones or was it out of nowhere? 

drgrittani1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I got the new phone in December 2016 over the holidays.  STarted happening ~3 weeks ago.  I actually have two issues, texts are extremely delayed, around a half day sometimes, and apps don't update from the play store, they either don't install or are very slow.  Tried it with Wifi off and data only, and with WiFi.  Self research pointed me to trying to delete all the cache for the play store app, then rebooting my internet modem and router, followed by turning the phone off and on.  This actually fixed the issue for about a week for both texts and app installs, but it is back again.  

I see some people who have tried a new SIM card.  Could this be the issue?  Any other suggestions?

We'll have to do some troubleshooting to see what exactly is going on and get this fixed for you @drgrittani1!

I'll send you a PM so we can get started Smiley See you there!