Delay sending texts

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Delay sending texts

I'm new and I've been noticing that whenever I'm sending a text often its very delayed in sending sometimes up to 10 minutes. I've tried turning the phone off disabling the LTE and even factory resetting it. I have good service. I don't know what the issue is... Help??
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Delay sending texts

Hey Brookelindsay25,

Just to clarify, do you mean it can take up to 10 minutes before your phone shows your text as "Sent"?

(You can tell that your phone is attempting to send a text message for up to a full 10 minutes..)

Or does it take 10 minutes, once it's sent from your phone, for the receiver to get it?

Thanks for clarifying

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

It takes up to 10 minutes for my phone to say the text has been sent as well as for the person to receive it (happens to different people with different providers) it doesn't happen all the time but very often.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Take a look at how many bars you have showing, at the top of your phone screen. 

1 or 2 bars is low signal and could explain why there's a delay before the text messages are sent out. Is this the case?

If you have over 3 bars, there shouldn't be such a delay. What network are you connected to when this happens? (LTE, 4G, E, etc)

If you send yourself a text message, how long does it take before it's sent/received?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

It seems to happen no matter how many bars I have I usually have 3-4 it happens on LTE 4g and any other I connect to it seems it doesn't happen all the time but often enough.big I sent myself a text its the same takes up to 10 minutes before it sends at times and takes a couple minutes to receive at times.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If it happens again, send us a DM by Twitter or PM by Facebook with your Fido number 😃

On Twitter, look for our Medial Handle @FidoSolutions

We'll be happy to look into this with you further!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6