Delay sending picture messages

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Delay sending picture messages

i really dont like this phone or network.

i send a lot of pics for work

average send time for any pic is over an  hour for every pic

this sux

***Edited to add labels***

***Edited title***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: service

Hey @sksnuffy

Welcome to the community. 

That's odd! Usually MMS go through pretty quickly. Are you using the standard messaging service or a different app?

Also, does it appear as sent on your side but the recipient doesn't get it until much later? Or does it say "sending" for a  long period of time?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 16
Highlighted

so far it has been in the queue for about four hours

very dissappointed

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 16
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

@sksnuffy

Have you tried restarting your phone!

Also what kind of phone do you have?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 16
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Re: Delay sending picture messages

Hello Sksnuffy,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, are you trying to send those pictures via MMS or email or some other method? If you're trying to send them via MMS, your phone should automatically compress the pictures to fit the MMS size limit. Have you verified the MMS settings on your phone? Have you verified whether your phone is using the correct APN settings? You can do so here. If you're trying to send photos you took with your phone via email or other method, those pictures can be quite large. Depending on your requirements, you might consider reducing the resolution of your photos to reduce their size.

That said, sending relatively high resolution photos shouldn't take that long. What phone are you using? Does it only happen at certain places or everywhere? To which network does your phone connect? Does your phone get strong signal at that/those location(s)?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 16
Highlighted

Hey @sksnuffy

Were you able to sort this out?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 16
Highlighted

Nope.

It still takes hours to send a pic.  I am going to have to get another account somewhere else with another carrier I think.  I don't know why I can't send a simple non high resolution pic and like I've stated its work related so this is unacceptable

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 16
Highlighted

Hey @sksnuffy

We would hate to see you go!! Can you confirm if you're using a Fido phone? If not, can you let us know if you had the chance to check out the APN settings in the link Cawtau provided? 

Does this happen while you're connected to our network? On Wi-Fi? Or both? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 16
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello again,

What phone are you using? Did you purchase it from Fido? If not, have you verified it has the compatible bands/frequencies for adequate data transmission? That is, data transfer will not be efficient on the 2G network. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

To which network does your phone connect? Are you sure your place of work has adequate '3G' or LTE reception? You can get an idea of your surrounding cellular towers here.

Just to double check, have you enabled data on your phone? It does need to be enabled to send/receive MMS.

How is your other data? Are you able to browse the internet adequately at your location?

If the issue is with your phone not having adequate compatible bands/frequencies, switching providers may not help. However, if you are located in an area with less than adequate coverage, the it's possible the other providers might better have coverage in the area.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 16
Highlighted

Hey @sksnuffy!

Let us know if any of the suggestions above helped Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 16