Date for getting Marshmallow 6.0.1 for LG G3?

SOLVED
rickettss
I'm a Participant Level 2

back in the spring, Fido rolled out Android 6.0 for the LG G3. it improved a lot of things but it also resulted in my being unable to pair my G3 with my Garmin Vivoactive smart watch via bluetooth. an internet search discovered that this is a known problem with 6.0, in how it handles Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/comments/4694uj/ble_connectivity_issues_after_updating_to_60/

https://support.thetileapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/213308897-Marshmallow-Android-Connectivity-Issue-6-...

Marshmallow 6.0.1 apparently fixes this problem. it was released several months ago and some carriers have rolled it out to their customers. Fido has not yet done it, nor does its table of releases show a date for it, and customer agents do not know

i'm stuck with a smart watch that isn't much of a smart watch. i can understand that it can take time to roll out updates, but it's been 6 months now.

i'm posting this complaint so that Fido people are aware and perhaps can get working on it.

..steve

Accepted Solution

Re: Date for getting Marshmallow 6.0.1 for LG G3?

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Hey @rickettss! Smiley

I can understand your frustration on the software update and yes you're correct Fido does make a few tweaks before releasing the software update. The reason we do that is to ensure that everything works once it's released. You won't be able to update it until it's released directly from us. Hope this clarifies everything. Smiley

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
FidoFaiza

Hi rickettss,

We hear you loud n' clear!

The OS update schedule will be updated as soon as we have the right info.

Sit tight!

rickettss

thanks for the response. I've chatted with a couple of Fido reps and their help has not been helpful

1. they tell me that the problem (holdup) is with LG; however, I understand that LG has released Marshmallow 6.0.1 for the G3.

2. from what I know, Fido has to modify this release before it can roll it out to its customers, but the reps seem to not know this

3. the last rep actually told me to browse the web for the release and for instructions for how to install it. again, from what i know, i cannot do this without unlocking my phone and/or voiding my warranty

..steve

Hey @rickettss! Smiley

I can understand your frustration on the software update and yes you're correct Fido does make a few tweaks before releasing the software update. The reason we do that is to ensure that everything works once it's released. You won't be able to update it until it's released directly from us. Hope this clarifies everything. Smiley

rickettss

thanks for confirming my suspicions. you might want to share that info with your account reps, because they're misleading clients

thanks for your help!

i will wait... hopefully not much longer (it's been 6 months now)

..steve

Thanks for the feedback @rickettss! Smiley

bondfast
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any progress on the lg g3 6.0.1 update ? There are more than a few of us with non-functional Bluetooth devices waiting with varying degrees of patience. How about an early Xmas present over here ? 😕
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

Let's be realistic. The LG G3 is ~ 2.5 - 3 years old.  I think 6.0 will most likely be the end of the road for LG G3. 6.0 and 6.0.1 is a small upgrade so I don't think LG will push out a small update for a 3 year old phone. 

Please note that I have an LG G3 and have been using my fitbit Blaze with Android 6.0 and I have no issues with bluetooth syncing. Perhaps it is an issue with your watch more than your phone.

Your best bet is to sync your watch with another device and then view your stats on your phone. 

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @bondfast

As soon as we have more information about these updates we'll be sure to keep everyone in the loop by posting it in the OS Upgrade Schedule right here